Home Ratings & Reviews

Ashton VSG

tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
I recently enjoyed an Ashton Cabinet #4 (Corona) that I was totally enamored with. I asked my local tobacconist for a comparable smoke with a little more punch and he directed me to an Ashton VSG. I am officially experienced heaven. Both sticks are smooth, draw perfectly, burn well (though I had to relight the VSG a couple times), but the VSG has a subtle depth and complexity that kept me constantly finding new elements of taste and aroma all the way through the smoke. Well worth the $11 it cost!

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the VSG is a nearly great smoke.  I do think it suffers from construction issues on occasion, and I've had a couple of bum sticks for flavor.  Still, when it's on, it's worth it's price.  The problem is all those (rare) times it isn't.  They're enough to give me pause.  Still, if I see a deal (also rare, thanks Ashton) or a sampler that contains one, I look at it favorably.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.