Home General Discussion

Is this mold?

ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
i just ordered a box and I was getting ready to put these sticks in my humidor when I noticed some off white/ yellow bumps on some of the cigars. It seems to come off if I rub it with my fingers. These are from another site. imageimageimage

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd send 'em back. Hope they're not from the dreaded "T" site....  :#
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I contacted them. Sending me a 10 pack, refunding the box purchase. Going to toss the 10 that seem to be affected the rest are going to go in a big tupperdor so I can see if any more mold appears.  From what I believe y'all refer to as the "sister site". May I ask what the "t site" is ? You can pm it to me. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the same name as a famous machine gun
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know many who do not do it but this is a prime example of why you need to open any box purchase and inspect it. Never assume they are perfect. Some may not agree and say keep the cellophane on or the seal in tact for resale purposes if needed. I am not sure how that matters if the cigars are moldy, plus the slight possibility of it spreading if unattended too for a period of time. 

Since he inspected them he can quickly resolve this issue with the vendor. If he waited a few more weeks or months to open the box you may not get the same results. Whether it's a $30 box or a $700 box does not matter. If improperly stored they are suspect to many things. 
    Totally agree. 
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I know many who do not do it but this is a prime example of why you need to open any box purchase and inspect it. Never assume they are perfect. Some may not agree and say keep the cellophane on or the seal in tact for resale purposes if needed. I am not sure how that matters if the cigars are moldy, plus the slight possibility of it spreading if unattended too for a period of time. 

Since he inspected them he can quickly resolve this issue with the vendor. If he waited a few more weeks or months to open the box you may not get the same results. Whether it's a $30 box or a $700 box does not matter. If improperly stored they are suspect to many things. 
    I read to many horror stories of Beatles and mold back on this form when I first started smoking years ago so it's a habit now. I wish I could put the ones that look alright in my humidor but I don't want to risk it. Figure they can spend a few months in tupper ware and I can inspect them again for mold.