Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Panacea Azul Cameroon Robusto

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Ratings & Reviews
I think I may have found a cigar that just might rival my cherished Torano 1916.
While not as smooth as the 1916, it definitely left me wanting another.
The construction is very good. Draw was spot on.
Now here's where my "review" goes south, as I can't explain my thoughts on taste very well.

Cedar and  sweetness were mostly the notes I could taste, a bit of spice/pepper, but not overpowering and not enough to "bite" on the tongue. 
It has the favored cameroon flavors, but a twist of sorts on the taste. 
Can't quite narrow it down. Almost like it has something in the binder that adds extra flavors to it.
Not quite sure. 

If the availability and price were a little better, than this one would move into my top 5 easily, but availability is a bit of a set back and the price was decent, but I can still get the 1916s for less money.

So, now that I have had some and came up with my own thoughts.................

Anyone tried them? If so, what did you think?

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of them before now but I do love cameroon wrappers.  Simulacrum to my list to try.  
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    I hadn't heard of them either. 
    The cigar shop owner here grabbed me one in his "travels".
    He knows my affinity for cameroons and came across this one.
    He said his distributor doesn't carry them, but he got one to try and wanted to know what I thought.
    I told him, I want them. I did find them online at what I think is their site, but if my local can get them, I would have no problem buying from him.

So I'm gonna order from the place online for a 5 pack just to make sure it wasn't a fluke..
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a name like that, it has gotta cure some ills...

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't heard of this label, so I Googled and found this description:

Panacea

Sounds like the profile is something I might like.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    Flatbed cigar company  is the evidently the maker. You can buy direct it looks like. 
    I'm placing an order for a 5 pack pretty soon. If the other 5 smoke as well as the first, I'm screwed. LOL!

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoke a lot of FB Panacea cigars and enjoy them very much. Not into the big ring cigars they have but everthing I have smoked has been good or better than expected. Try the Route 56"s or the sample of Toro"s
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    I smoke a lot of FB Panacea cigars and enjoy them very much. Not into the big ring cigars they have but everthing I have smoked has been good or better than expected. Try the Route 56"s or the sample of Toro"s
    I wish they had more of a variety on the ring size. 6x60s are a little much.
    I ordered a 4 pack of cameroon robustos. I'll see how those do, but now I'm thinking I might order a few of the Route 56.
    Glad to hear someone has tried them. 

It doesn't look like they are new, just not well known, I guess.
    I haven't been able to find many reviews on their cigars either, which I find really odd.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

Anyone tried them? If so, what did you think?

Absolooly. Pretty sure I reviewed them right here, long ago. Met a feller with a bright idea at a street fair in Rock Hall Merryland. His idea is visiting local wineries, pairing Panacea cigars with those local wines, then leaving said cigars for sale there. Calls it the Wine and Cigar Trail. Visitor sits under a  parasol table enjoying a cigar and a bottle  overlooking a sunny hillside vineyard. Classic.

Don't remember whether the blue cameroon was my fave; but it was one of them.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Damn. That's been a while too.
    Thanks for posting that.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Being another 'roon junkie, I felt obliged to check the Panacea Camaroon out so I ordered a 4 pack and threw in another 4 pack of the Perfecto Naturals. I'll let you know how the others are.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also got some Camaroons coming
  • Options
    Let me know what you guys think. 

Got my order.
    But I can see that I may end up getting a box of these.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    received my order today, smoked one ROTT, came home and ordered a box. Fantastic aroma/mild-medium (well, I smoked a Roma Mode 5 earlier, lol, so perhaps it starts off medium; I'm still a newbie so discount anything I say by at least 50%).
  • Options
    received my order today, smoked one ROTT, came home and ordered a box. Fantastic aroma/mild-medium (well, I smoked a Roma Mode 5 earlier, lol, so perhaps it starts off medium; I'm still a newbie so discount anything I say by at least 50%).
    I'd probably agree with the medium to mild-medium.
    But then again, I think a lot of things (Diesel Hair of the Dog) are medium, so I'm pretty much full of crap when I say that. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Flatbed Cigar Company ione I've been interested in forever ever since Joe aka @j0z3r posted wanted to try Panacea Red in the Make A Wish thread several years ago, sadly lack of funds has kept me from placing an order despite several "free shipping" emails
  • Options
    Hayblet said:
    Flatbed Cigar Company ione I've been interested in forever ever since Joe aka @j0z3r posted wanted to try Panacea Red in the Make A Wish thread several years ago, sadly lack of funds has kept me from placing an order despite several "free shipping" emails
    First off, it is great to see you posting.

I'm sorry to hear about The Cank.

After having the chance to try their cigars, I think it is one of those hidden gem companies. For what ever reason, it doesn't seem that they advertise too much or promote themselves very much. But their cameroons are very well constructed and are very good. 

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I know I vanish from time to time, usually because I work 6 days a week or insane stretches of 13-20+ in a row which leaves little to no time for cigars, usually when I do have one I stop by my local shop and just enjoy the company there, I think the fact that Brett's death involved him riding his motorcycle just really struck a nerve with me as a fellow rider as you never know if your simple cruise turns out to be your last ride. Sad that it can happen in an instant like that, sorry for thread jacking like this. I am glad the forums are a little more mobile friendly now.
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Got my Flatbed order and tried one of each of the Cameroon Torpedo and the Natural Robusto. I love the Cameroon. @Opatience you were spot on on your review. That mystery flavor was almost botanical, but I couldn't place it either. Ordering more of those! 
    The Natural Robusto I found had nothing I could fault it for, but it totally seemed to lack any character. Nothing there to make me buy again. 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hayblet said:
    I know I vanish from time to time, usually because I work 6 days a week or insane stretches of 13-20+ in a row which leaves little to no time for cigars, usually when I do have one I stop by my local shop and just enjoy the company there, I think the fact that Brett's death involved him riding his motorcycle just really struck a nerve with me as a fellow rider as you never know if your simple cruise turns out to be your last ride. Sad that it can happen in an instant like that, sorry for thread jacking like this. I am glad the forums are a little more mobile friendly now.
    Spencer, as a rider myself and also named Brett it has been odd for me as well. I never knew this Brett but there is a lot of similarity there. And you are right, you never know when just a trip around the block may be your last :(

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."