Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Toothaches

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
You know, I have felt alot of pain of one kind or another. Broken bones, etc.
But there are 2 types of pain that can almost do me in. Ear aches and toothaches are the ones that just about kill me.

Blasted dentist is on vacation for 2 weeks.
So now I need to get into somewhere for antibiotics and pain meds until I can get in.
Awesome.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your having an interesting day to say they least and it is not over yet. Cheers to a better last 1/3. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    I've been putting off dealing with my teeth, as I'm going to be getting top dentures and I'm a wuss as far as my teeth go. Told the dentust last time I was there, the only reason I was there, was because momma scares me more than she does.
    And the fact that my insurance only covers 50% of the dentures and tooth extraction.
    Indian health covers 100% of the extractions, but nothing on the dentures. So between the 2, if I can plan it right, moght cost me $400 total.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    I am not a dentist fan either but if you hold off you may have even more issues. 

Funny story. I had a friend who went to the dentist, he had a cap fall off. He goes in and they tell him he needs to have a new cap and a cavity filled. they give him the price and he says the hell with that. He goes home and superglues the cap back on. A few weeks later he is asleep and at some point the cap falls off and he swallows it. This tight wad decides to sift through his stool to try and find the cap. It was never found after days of searching. I keep telling him to go back to the dentist. He refuses.

Long story short he waits until he can longer take the pain. Goes back in only to be told his insurance will not cover the damages because he used up most of it on his first visit. The tooth was removed at his request again to save money, He now needs a bridge because he removed the tooth and his other teeth are moving causing more problems. The end cost is now triple of what his original repairs would have been. I just shake my head every time I see him now. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain,I'm well on my way to a full set of dentures. But I also can't stand the dentist. Wish I would have had better habits growing up. 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

So now I need to get into somewhere for antibiotics and pain meds until I can get in.
    Awesome.
    Talk to 90+Irishman... he can give some good pointers on the pain meds... he's got a liquor cabinet full of nice bourbons...  But I suppose you can't stay drunk for two weeks.

A couple years ago I found the best dentist ever; mid-60's, remodeled a house to practice out of so his overhead is very low, within walking distance from me, very thorough and detail-oriented, and doesn't do anything just because "it's a good idea" like a lot of dentists with school loans and debt from starting a practice.  That reminds me, I need to take him some coffee, just to grease the wheels a little.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be cheaper to visit Peter and his guy then go to a practice in town :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol this is why I'm off sugar! I hate the dentist and well hat Novocain! I don't use it and say just drill away till I raise my arm and that says I can't take the pain. I haven't raised my arm but haven't had tooth issues in years. That being said I think I'm due up to see my dentist and am very scared lol. But if you think teeth suck try back pain and let me know what's worse! You'll come to tears getting your socks on or just walking!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    LOL! @peter4jc

Tomorrow my regular doctor is putting me on antibiotics and pain meds until I can get into the dentist.
    Indian health will get me in Friday and take care of the problem and between my work insurance and Indian health, my cost for the upper dentures, lower bridge and tooth extractions will be $400.
    So hopefully, that will solve my teeth problems once and for all.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Talk to 90+Irishman... he can give some good pointers on the pain meds... he's got a liquor cabinet full of nice bourbons...  But I suppose you can't stay drunk for two weeks.

amateur. I stayed drunk for 15 years.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter's low-overhead dentist reminds me - a number of years ago (around mid-career for me) I was tasked to analyze and determine the highest-paid profession in the state of California. Most of my peers guessed that lawyers would be the highest. Nope. You guessed it - dentists. By quite a healthy margin, too. Go figure....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I had a tooth with decay that I ignored. Eventually the root got infected. At times, I couldn't even stand up. I like to think I can handle pain. I've had cavities fixed on two occasions with no pain meds given (my choice). It was rough but I got through it. 

I hope your pain is minimal and this can be resolved soon. 
  • Options
    Tomorrow morning, I go see Doc and he will give me antibiotics and pain pills until I can get in to the dentist.
    Then I get to listen to him give me hell for not taking care of myself.
    Sometimes, having one of your good friends as your doctor is kind of a pain. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Lol this is why I'm off sugar! I hate the dentist and well hat Novocain! I don't use it and say just drill away till I raise my arm and that says I can't take the pain. I haven't raised my arm but haven't had tooth issues in years. That being said I think I'm due up to see my dentist and am very scared lol. But if you think teeth suck try back pain and let me know what's worse! You'll come to tears getting your socks on or just walking!
    I here ya Lee. Had back issues for years now. No fun. Many times I fell to the floor getting out of bed. Legs had no feeling at times. VA injects me with Steroids every couple of years to help. 

I hope no one ever has a prostate problem either. Mine got infected one time and I have never felt pain throughout my lower body like that ever before. It's not any when he Dr goes to feel how swollen it is either. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    0patience said:

Awesome.

A couple years ago I found the best dentist ever; mid-60's, remodeled a house to practice out of so his overhead is very low, within walking distance from me, very thorough and detail-oriented, and doesn't do anything just because "it's a good idea" like a lot of dentists with school loans and debt from starting a practice.  That reminds me, I need to take him some coffee, just to grease the wheels a little.
    Bwahahahahahahahahahaha so long as he doesn't mind a bottle that's already opened (every single bottle in that can is open and has been cracked) then I can help with numbing that tooth up hahaha!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    I'm with Tony on the toothaches and ear aches. Can't handle either very well. I figured I could handle pain pretty well, but was reminded by my bride that I didn't know pain until I had given birth.
    Carol Burnett described childbirth as feeling like, "pull your bottom lip up and over your head. That's what childbirth feels like!"
    Good thing men don't give birth. There wouldn't be a population problem.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some women who have stated kidney stones are worse than child birth, and due to a longer urethra men experience worse pain with kidney stones. Couple that with the fact a strike to the nuts triggers more pain receptors than child birth, and I think women have been milking this pain thing for too long ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lets hope your dentist doesn't look like this. Hope you feel better.

• Options
    @Wylaff now go to your wife she was milking it. We'll see in a few weeks after you recover from the smack upside the head lol.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony, I'm lucky as a disabled vet I get all my dental work done at the VA.
    Try Oil of Cloves on your sore tooth because the oil will help with the pain. As far as pain meds you should take them as prescribed to stay ahead of the pain. Don't wait for the pain to take them.Tough it out. Good Luck. 
  • Options
    We use crushed cloves and oil of cloves quite a bit.
    One of my favorite pain killers.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: