Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2016 CCOM Fantasy Football League

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭

Ok boys, keeping the tradition going---but going to ask some questions for possible changes.  . Looking forward to another good season. Rules will remain a standard fantasy ESPN Live Draft league.  Draft will be a weeknight after 8pm et.  Here is where I want to gauge interest. 

For the last 3 years we have done a 12 Team league with $25 buy in.  I held the money in paypal and paid at the end of the season in Cigar.com gift cards.  LeagueTotal Prize Pool: 300 Champion,  110Second(championship game loser),  70Third Place,  40Division Winners.

6 team playoff where the two highest ranked teams get one bye week, and then play the “wild card week” winners.

We could do a smaller or larger league, but I don't want to do much cheaper for the buy in.

THE OTHER OPTION....

Would be a buy in with cigars league.  I would think 40 dollars in premium sticks should be the buy in.  There is no requirement, but please be reasonable.  2 large Opus X's----fine.  4 Las Cavaleras's-----fine. Some Caldwell and EP Carillo  mixes----fine.  Couple of "high end" Gurkhas-----NOT FINE.  Mazo of RP Connecticuts---NOT FINE.  Sticks that retail at 8 bucks but you can get them for 4 on various deal sites----NOT FINE.  You get the idea I think. 

Payouts would be for 1st and 2nd place at the end.    5 people send to 1st, 3 people send to 2nd.

Lets kick this around and see what everyone wants-----IF YOU ARE IN FOR EITHER.....Please state that in your post here so we can see interest and I can get a list of who wants what.

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in.  I would be game for like a 5-10 cigar buy in with 10 teams or a $25 buy in.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does last place pay?
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be in. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IN.  I vote for cigars at the end.  That is what we are all about
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭

Updating

-----last place does not pay

----So far cigars seem to be preferred, still some voting to see.  I suggested 40 dollar range, 5-10 sticks also suggested...but I think the 40 dollar amount seems good, still but we could change this

----So far people that are in:  Vulchor, Avengethis, Matkn293, RSherman

-----------I will be PMing you guys info for the league

I can do $40 however that is so subjective, it could be 2 cigars or 5.  Where its easier to figure out a payout say 10 to first and 5 to second.  Either way I am good and will make it work.  Cigars is my choice though
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    It is subjective....I agree.  I am HOPING I guess people are reasonable.  When it comes to just sticks though, its kind of the same to me though-----because I would rather get 2 Davidoffs for instance then get 10 Padilla Maximus.
    Well I agree.  I like a 5 Premium stick buyin so you dont get those bargain bin sticks or the decent ones you get at a good price from cbid (DPG Blue).  Again I will go with whatever is decided.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I'll bite. I'm in. I prefer ceegars over cash. Once there is cash on the line, y'all are no longer friends.....   :D:D
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    All invites sent thus far....we are about half full (course we could expand league also).  Looks like people prefer a cigar league...which is fine.  How do we want to do the buy in?  40 dollar value?  More?  Certain number of sticks?  Im with Avenge in the respect I just want it to be fair for everyone and in the same ball park.  Not some sending all Original Tat Monsters and others sending Diesels..........I know its about the fun, but it does help to make it a little more exciting as well as fair.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A premium ccom fiver.  Hard to put a price on it, or what classifies as premium.  Something like position 3 - x send to first place and x - 12 send to second place.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In please.  

No preference on prize since I'll probably end up towards the bottom of the standings LOL!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

I think you can just say 5 or 10 premium sticks, and specifically exclude the wannabe premiums like Gurkha, RP, etc.  we did this in the pickem league last year and it seemed to work well.  

6 of 10 spots filled folks-----4 more to go (or more if people decide)

Looks like it will be a PREMIUM cigar league (agreed, no Gurkha, RP, discount blends, daily deal stuff, etc).  5 stick MINIMUM, with extras always looked upon favorably;)

Now I know there are AT LEAST 4 other guys in here who play fantasy football and want in on this.

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never played but what the hell, if you can walk a rookie thru it I will pay
    A little dirt never hurt

DirtDude---PM incoming to sign up.  VERY easy to learn, can even do mock drafts on ESPN and such.  Scoring is standard.....my wife did it a few years ago and had never even watched the game of football before LOL.   PM incoming to get your info and I will send the invite.  3 more needed.

You will like it Randy.  Gives you a reason to watch a game you'd otherwise have no interest in.  You'll find yourself rooting for weird situations too.  LOL
    signed up
    A little dirt never hurt

Cmon fellas....I know there is more interest out there in signing up.  I suppose you can ask around to others you know if they want to join-----surprised this is taking a little while to fill actually.

American football, referred to as football in the United States and Canada, and also known as gridiron, is a sport played by two teams of eleven players on a rectangular field with goalposts at each end. The offense, the team with control of the oval-shaped football, attempts to advance down the field by running with or passing the ball, while the team without control of the ball, the defense, aims to stop their advance and take control of the ball for themselves.

Just in case you folks didn't understand what @Vulchor was referring to, season is starting up soon, low buy in, do it
    A little dirt never hurt
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in.

Nice choice my friend.....PM coming to you now.

Well said Dirtdude....and I LOVE the definition lol

Come on guys.  Lets fill it up!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

Email should be to you Albinfik-------please sign in when you can.

2 more people needed to fill the league fellas.....gotta have a 10 person minimum.  There must be 2 people on here who want in??????

Come on guys!  Just two more su... , er I mean players with a chance to win!   ;)
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in 
    Vulchor said:

Well said Dirtdude....and I LOVE the definition lol

I just thought maybe these fine ladies and gentlemen should know there are other sports besides sailing and polo
    A little dirt never hurt
    Jay----PM incoming......1 more spot to fill