Home Ratings & Reviews

An Ode to the Padilla Hybrid

transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
I've been on a quest for the past 3+ years for an inexpensive stick that I can consistently enjoy.  I recently settled on the Hybrid.  I suspect that those with finely tuned pallettes and expensive tastes may look at the Hybrid with disdain, but I'm all good with this.

As has been often and correctly pointed out here, everyone's taste in cigars is different.  For my money (and money is important in this discussion), the Hybrid is the ideal dog-walking, golf-coursing or lawnmower-pushing smoke.  If you shop around, you can get 'em for $2.50 or less per.  They yield a lot of creamy cedar smoke and their construction is good.  They have become my all-important affordable everyday smoke.

Honorable mention goes to the Bahia Trinidad, which is a little tangyer, but also harder to get at stupid-low prices.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Kipling was a wise man.

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good story, haven't seen them but will kepp my eye out 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't had one in a long time.  I remember them as smooth, likeable but a little underpowered for my taste.  I really like the Padilla Habano, was glad to see its return, not so glad at the new price.  Not too bad, but when you've paid one price for something for awhile, that's what it's worth in your mind.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    Haven't had one in a long time.  I remember them as smooth, likeable but a little underpowered for my taste.  I really like the Padilla Habano, was glad to see its return, not so glad at the new price.  Not too bad, but when you've paid one price for something for awhile, that's what it's worth in your mind.
    You recall correctly...it's no powerhouse. Personally, sometimes when I smoke a cigar, the stick is the star and sometimes the cigar is just a part of the scene. The Hybrid is for the latter occasions.
    Kipling was a wise man.
  • 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    Well said!