Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

2016 Newb Secret Santa

avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Trades, Passes and Bombs
I see some of the newer BOTLs are not yet qualified under the rules of the exchange (which I support and I think everyone else understands as well). I just wanted to offer to set up something for everyone who does not qualify for that as a way to be included in this fun Holiday Exchange. Again, I will take names and addresses and distribute, but will not be involved in the exchange itself, just trying to be there to help some younger BOTLs on here.

Rules will be meant to include those not in the main exchange. This means people with under 500 posts qualify, and people here for less than 4 months qualify. The requirement is however that you MUST BE a member in "good standing" on the board (we know what this is) and anyone with questionable or concerning deals will be excluded (not saying this is anyone here, just looking to protect everyone). The exchange itself will be in the same idea as the other one here, but the values will be slightly decreased as some people may not know others as well as those of us here for an extended period have, and to ensure a lower amount incase of any issues. The rules of thumb will be:

Send me your name and address (via PM) and I will redistribute names to everyone. The name you get from me is the name that you will send a cigar related package to.Included in your PM to sign up should be the following:

-your name and address you want the package sent to -a short list of things (cigar related accessories) you want.(lighters, ashtrays, etc...) ALSO this may include some Non-Cigar related if you would like. This happened in years past and just gives some options to people-a short list of things you DONT want. (I dont need another cutter) -your preferences on cigars (favorite blenders, brands)

The names will be distributed either November 29th or early the next day. Gifts can start going out on Monday December 5th. and must be sent by Dec 19th. Put a return address on the box you send out but not your real name or forum name. Return Addy should be "Ccom Newb Holiday Pass" or "Ccom Newb Secret Santa" or something of the like. After you have sent me the PM, post here that you signed up so we can all see who is participating.

the "rules of thumb":If you know right off the bat who your Secret Santa is, dont spoil it for the others. I will post a list of who sent to whom when all is said and done with.The price guideline will be in the spirit of $30.00. This $30 is for the "main" gift not cigars. Cigars are on top of that. The guide on cigars will be no less than 5 cigars. You are welcome to send out any cigar you chose. (no "crap" of course). Of course you can send out more cigars if you want (it is in fact encouraged)

Please sign up with me via PM and post on here by midnight on Novemeber 28th. Any questions or issues feel free to ask. If this goes no where, that’s fine, just wanted to open this up and give everyone here a change to participate in something if they choose. Thanks also to Kuzi for the format for this as I copied some of your words above.
Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
Post edited by avengethis on

Comments

• Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad you are doing this for newbs! I don't qualify for the main Holiday Exchange (although, I completely understand and respect the guidelines) but I would love to participate! Hopefully it won't be long before I'll qualify, but until I do, I would still want to be a part of spreading some Holiday cheer!!!! :)
  • Options
    Glad to have you!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @avengethis Thank you Brad for running this. I would like to be involved here. 
    I would reccomend the newer members check out the previous threads from past secret Santa. The veterans here have some amazing inventories and is only surpassed by their generosity. Don't want to scare anyone away, but fair is fair. 
    Maybe next year I will have enough in the cooler to play with the big dogs! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    i would also like to participate
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Options
    CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I will jump in on this one. Being my first holiday exchange I will test the waters here. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too. Sounds great.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be fun. Sign me up :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    I'm in - thanks for setting this up.

On a side note - too new to know what the forum's definition of "good standing" is - is there something on the forum I should search for, or is it just basically the golden rule?
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means you have done a sponsored newb trade, and have been placed on the good traders list.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Yeah what Patrick said @GoCards.  If you have not done so which I'm not seeing it head over to this thread here http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/340006/newbie-trading-thread#latest and get a Newb Trade going.  For now I will include you but this trade needs to be done before the pass out of names happens for this.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    k - guess I'm not in.  Was waiting for the requisite 25 posts to do that.  Sorry - thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Just saw above - I'll head over there.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    @GoCards
    I'll help sponsor you, before the 25 limit, since you will most likely hit that mark very soon.  send me a PM if you would like to do this.
  • Options
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll jump in on this,thank you Brad for doing the dirty work for us newbs.
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that sounds like fun, I haven't done the sponsored newb trade yet I'll head over there and sign up for a sponsor, I was waiting til I was able to build up some good inventory for trading. I did send out a couple of meager bombs this week.  I'm still learning, I love this forum and the comrodery here and I definitely would not want to offend. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    I'll sponsor your newb trade @TNBigfoot68. Pm me and we will get that taken care of.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will do I'll send the pm in hour. Must warn you my stash is not elaborate but I have a a couple of nice smokes.
    @avengethis
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    @Trident- thanks for that - PM sent.
  • Options
    @NorthsideSmoke get in on this.  
  • Options
    Do we have links from last years. Let everyone know what we are getting into.
  • Options
    NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    For sure Donnie I will sign up. Sounds like fun!
  • Options
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add me to the list. I will shoot you a PM in a bit
  • Options
    Sounds good.  This should be a fun time!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    Just a reminder I need PM's with address (including name), cigar likes/dislikes, swag wants/dont wants

@TaraLee
    @Trident
    @Guitarded
    @Skel
    @CigarPunk
    @Albinfk
    @Jay6
    @dirtdude
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• Options
    PM sent.