Home Cigar 101

Wineador Temp

arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
Ok guys I just wanted to know how much does a wineador lower the temp? My house temp runs in the high 70's to low 80's in the summer.About how many degrees do the wineador lower the temp?
I would like to keep my humoador at 65/65. I need to know this before I pull the trigger on a Newair CC-300. I have a 5 Vegas box humi now and can't get the temp lower than the house temp.Thank You for the help I know you will give. lol

Comments

• arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    I plane on putting 20 Boveda 60 gram 65% in it
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a wine cooler in AZ and the temp is a steady 64, RH is easy to regulate even in this hostile environment 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine will hold 65 degrees with no problems when it's 80- 85 in my office. 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have no problem maintaining that temp.  I am not familiar with that model and the temp controls on it however.  If there is nothing more than a dial, there are ways around that to get more precise temp control.  One item I would suggest is to get either beads or kitty litter.  The bovedas will get way more expensive, esp in the long run.  

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    from the product page: http://www.newair.com/products/cc-300

The interior temperature can be adjusted in increments of 1° between 54°F & 74°F.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

I did see that on there web sit @jgibv But I was trying to find out if it would get it to that lowof a temp with a room temp of 80 deg or higher. Thanks @jbohon and @dirtdude for the info. And @matkn293 it has a digital temp control that goes one deg at a time. So it can be set to anything in between 54 and 74.I was going to use the bovedas and buy two 20 packs and rotate a pack of 20 like every two weeks and recharge the one that I take out (20 in 20 out)
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch72 said:
    I did see that on there web sit @jgibv But I was trying to find out if it would get it to that lowof a temp with a room temp of 80 deg or higher. Thanks @jbohon and @dirtdude for the info. And @matkn293 it has a digital temp control that goes one deg at a time. So it can be set to anything in between 54 and 74.I was going to use the bovedas and buy two 20 packs and rotate a pack of 20 like every two weeks and recharge the one that I take out (20 in 20 out)
    You're welcome @arch72 ; wasn't sure if you had seen that or not. 

I personally don't have one, but the ones that I have seen work great. 
    They will run more often (and use more electricity) when the ambient temps are high, but the internal temps are always rock solid. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Ok would this work better Hydra-LG Commercial series Electronic Humifier here is a link from amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/HYDRA-LG-Commercial-Series-Electronic-Humidifier/dp/B001R1U6X2/ref=pd_bxgy_201_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6230W9G33RBK5JSGSKVQ

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Bovedas should be fine. The electronic humidifier looks like overkill and has florist foam which can mold. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I was going to remove the foam and use this Cigar Oasis Magna Refill Water Beads 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QSMJCY4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3G3N97N50K05U&coliid=I3V753EPW7LTSK

I just stick with boveda. I like simple. 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
    Down to $330...

edited October 2016
    yeah Amazon has them back instock going for 329.99 and I have prime so no shipping plus tax