Home Non Cigar Related

People telling you what you need to do.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
I get so tired of going to dentists or doctors and having nurses or dental assistance telling me that I NEED to stop using tobacco. I'm old enough to know what I should or shouldn't be doing.

I don't know why, but they get all offended when I tell them what I need to do is not listen to stupid people telling me what I should or shouldn't be doing.

One told me they've seen what tobacco does to the body and the dangers of it.
I told them, "Until you've seen the things I've seen in my lifetime, you should shut the hell up. I've seen things in my life that you can't even imagine and if a little tobacco once in a while makes me happy and not think of those things, it's far more healthy for me."

They left the room. LOL!

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    I whole heartily agree with you @0patience I have been to the doctor and they tell me the same BS and they all want me to take these drugs for high blood pressure and they all give me really bad side effects to the point that now I have really sensitive skin to soaps 
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feck em.........
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me want to smoke a cigar
    A little dirt never hurt
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    neither my doctor nor my dentist bother me about smoking. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surgeon who removed my esophagus and a bit of my stomach admits to an occasional cigar on the golf course. He finally bit on my wearing a Cohiba ball cap to every appointment. The cap says Cohiba Behike on it and he said he didn't see what was so special about the Behike. 

Didya ever notice that when a doctor or nurse asks if you use tobacco and (in my case) you answer "I gave up cigarettes in 1994" they never ask about pipes or cigars. This tells me that they're only concerned about whether you smoke cigarettes. 
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    I find it interesting that I quit smoking cigarettes in 1972, and I am still listed as a smoker on my medical records. I don't even admit to smoking cigars to the doctors.
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard that, I've been trying to smoke a cigar while walking the dogs, but have to limit it to one dog at at time... too hard to navigate three dogs and a cigar at the same time.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My doctor knows I smoke cigars.  He's not overly thrilled about it, but I told him that I have survived 30 years of police work and prostate cancer, I am not going to worry about cigars.

Besides, I'm like Slick Willie, I don't inhale!