Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Need paypal help

Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, so I figured I needed to join the club and stop being the guy who sends checks in the mail for cigars. Trying to get Paypal setup and it wont take my debit card because it says its not compatible for some reason. Then I go to enter in my bank account but I have not gotten the two deposits to verify it (it said 1-2 days) on Friday. My account is verified but am I correct that I cant use it unless I have a card or account on file? I thought this process would be easier

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your debit card a Visa or MasterCard? Mine is and works as a debit or credit, (with or without a pin) and I had no problem setting it up. I'd ask Paypal and also check with your bank.
  • Options
    Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is a MasterCard but they said it wasn't compatible for some reason. I will call and check with them
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it another day and might be ready to go with just your bank account info. Maybe.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to be verified to use it.
    I have pre-paid visa and mastercard and they won't work with paypal.
    So if they are pre-paid cards, they may not work. Not sure about the new bank cards with the chips in them though.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it a few days....PayPal will make a small withdraw/charge to your account (under $5)...then they will re-deposit/credit that charge back.  Basically to ensure you have an active bank account/credit card.

Give it a few more days (say the end of the week) and see if it goes through by then.  

If not, contact PayPal next Monday and see what they say.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Give it a few days....PayPal will make a small withdraw/charge to your account (under $5)...then they will re-deposit/credit that charge back.  Basically to ensure you have an active bank account/credit card.

Give it a few more days (say the end of the week) and see if it goes through by then.  

I got a bit of a chuckle when I saw that "under $5" statement. When I set my PayPal account up it was something like 37 cents. And they didn't withdraw and then redeposit. They just made a deposit. 

I guess that was back in the dark ages....  :#
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    jgibv said:

I got a bit of a chuckle when I saw that "under $5" statement. When I set my PayPal account up it was something like 37 cents. And they didn't withdraw and then redeposit. They just made a deposit. 

I guess that was back in the dark ages....  :#
    You are correct Marty.  I knew it was only a few bucks but didn't remember it being that low. 

From Paypal's website:

In 2 to 3 business days, review your bank statement to find 2 small deposits (each between $0.01 and $0.99 USD) that we sent to your bank account. There will be a third entry on your statement combining these two amounts as a withdrawal. For example, you may see two deposits of $.05 and $.15 and a withdrawal of $.20. Enter the 2 small amounts, in this example this would be $.05 and $.15, on the confirm bank screen. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online or follow the steps below:

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't trying to find fault, @jgibv, I was accepting what you said as fact. I just thought it was the current method and my old, long ago entry into the PayPal world was ancient history. 

Anyway, it's a very handy thing for paying for almost anything online these days. 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We got a couple shops in town that will let you type in paypal at the register. I keep trying to talk Fumare into setting that up :P
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...