Home Non Cigar Related

New Old Woodstove

First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've got a 1992 Dutchwest wood stove in my studio. I've been heating with it for 20 odd years. I finally got off the dime and rebuilt it last week as it was 16 degrees at night. I've been meaning to work on the stove for the last few years but haven't done it. I installed new gaskets in three doors, pulled the top and changed out the gaskets and combustor. The combustor was pricey.The first fire told me i should have done this job several years ago. My stove is burning 400 degrees hotter and my wood lasts twice as long. The new combustor allows the woodsmoke to burn off instead of heat going up the chimney and depositing creosote. My new old stove is my Christmas present to myself.image

Comments

• jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! I always like to see older things brought back to life again! 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful!!! 
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great and will provide many more years of heat and enjoyment.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice overhaul Rodger
    A little dirt never hurt
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose I should go down to the hardware store and get some high temp black paint and give the double wall cast iron 480 lb beast a fancy new coat. The electric blower that pushes air through the double wall and out the front still works great. I might have to figure out a name for this stove.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice stove, Rodger.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm in the eastern part of NC.  I didn't move south for 16 degree nights.  We had plenty of them up north.

Nice job on the stove.
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is NOTHING like a woodstove when it's single digits outside!!!! WE Energies comes to check my gas meter every winter because my usage is too low.....morons have to walk past my wood stacks to get to the meter, too.
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland