Home Non Cigar Related
Options

My phone sucks!

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
this old iPhone 4s just can't hack it anymore. Think it's time to upgrade. Half the time when I try to post on here it gets halfway then just stalls out. Facebook is a real pain in the a$$ now. I mean how am I supposed to annoy the masses like this. Really ticks me off! But it's a tough freaking ****. Been dropped I don't know how many times. Even been dropped in the toilet once. I got a buddy has one of those Samsung 6S's he really likes. I'm thinking of getting away from iPhone. Who loves theirs and what kind is it?

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted a while ago about my Samsung S7 work phone. 
    It doesn't take much to crack the screen and if you do, there is no easy way to replace the screen without huge expense.
    I love my LG. Had problems with my old one processor overheating, but this new one, seems to be working great.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an i- phone 4s and switched to a Samsung J3 I love it, and it was free. threatened to switch carriers  did not sign a new contract.  We can still leave at any time.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 4S and decided to try a Samsung. I don't recall which model. And I'm continually thankful that I was able to try it on a two-week trial basis. 

I made it only ten ten days before that POS made me cry 'Uncle'. I took it back to AT&T and traded it back to them for a REAL phone
    - an iPhone. This one happens to be a 5S and I love it. 

Now, if only I could somehow cause the CCOM computer nerds to look into the problem of an erratic keyboard I'd be a happy boy. The problem only appears when I'm logged into the forum. If I'm on any other site - say, typing an email, for example, the keyboard functions as it should. 

Are ya listening, @krebsie ???
  • Options
    Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Upgraded to iPhone 6S back in October from iPhone 5. Glad I did. The new one is faster and doesn't stall like the 5. Had the 5 for 4 years. Doubled my gigs with the new one and loaded the iTunes. Good times 
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    My company upgraded me from BlackBerry to J3 SAMSUNG.  I love it. But my two sons would never give up their I (insert latest available ) phone. I phone is only phone they have used. So they may be biased.  
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    I had a 4S and decided to try a Samsung. I don't recall which model. And I'm continually thankful that I was able to try it on a two-week trial basis. 

I made it only ten ten days before that POS made me cry 'Uncle'. I took it back to AT&T and traded it back to them for a REAL phone
    - an iPhone. This one happens to be a 5S and I love it. 

Now, if only I could somehow cause the CCOM computer nerds to look into the problem of an erratic keyboard I'd be a happy boy. The problem only appears when I'm logged into the forum. If I'm on any other site - say, typing an email, for example, the keyboard functions as it should. 

Are ya listening, @krebsie ???
    My keyboard gets really crazy sometimes. But it's not just on here. 
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still using the Samsung S 5 sport
    Not sure what the next one will be, but its time to start looking
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nexus 6p.  All the benefits of android without all the crap loaded on from other manufacturers.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
     I have the Samsung Galaxy S5... My keyboard regularly gives me trouble... And I'm ready for a new phone too. 
     Has anyone heard any feedback on the new Google Pixel phone?
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell the 5S I got needs to get upgraded…Can't believe it even works still. Next will be the 7 plus, that dual camera is just to awesome, I watched the web cast live on it, I'm sold on it. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TaraLee I would buy the Pixel in a heartbeat.  True google at its best.  I run ProjectFi for my service provider so not having bogged down phones is a big plus.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White