Home Non Cigar Related

Do you collect comic books?

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Non Cigar Related
ive recently taken the dive into comics. I have always been a fan of Wolverine/Logan and have decided to start buying up comics featuring him. So far I've dumped way too much money into it. Lol but am super excited. I'll post pics of my collection so far when I get home. 

my questions for you are....

do you collect comics, if so which ones and why I characters? How do you store your comics? What's your pride and joy to this date? What's your holy grail that you are wanting to get?
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to years ago. Came across a bunch of old ones at a pawn shop. Wish I still had them. You know the new Luke Cage series on Netflix? I found a bunch of old Power Man (Luke Cage) and Iron Fist comics that I had never heard of but they were awesome. Had tons of X-Men and Spiderman. Had a Wolverine #1 that is probably worth something now. My dad also gave my a bunch of old western comics from when he was a kid. Had many more but I am not remembering right now.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a guy at work that loans me the comics to read before the movies come out. Old Man Logan was fantastic.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I used to years ago. Came across a bunch of old ones at a pawn shop. Wish I still had them. You know the new Luke Cage series on Netflix? I found a bunch of old Power Man (Luke Cage) and Iron Fist comics that I had never heard of but they were awesome. Had tons of X-Men and Spiderman. Had a Wolverine #1 that is probably worth something now. My dad also gave my a bunch of old western comics from when he was a kid. Had many more but I am not remembering right now.

How did you store them? I have this idea that I might get a binder and use that cardboard backing in those clear binder sleeves... not sure if it would work. but it beats having them laying on the shelf.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep comic bags with a cardboard backing.
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few been trying to get all of the Superman dies ones. I also am into Spiderman and Hulk and Spidergirl I have a couple of each of them. I don't have good storage for them :( but from what I have seen the best IMHO is the bags and backing and then the cardboard boxes they have for them. They come with lids and are the right size so there is no change for them to lean over. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calvin & Hobbes FTW!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

I've got 4 hardbound C&H books :)