Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Sad sad day

bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
Came home from work and my mom who is visiting had something to tell me. I knew it wasn't going to be good as I could see the tears in her eyes. She had been doing some laundry for us and had to leave but didn't want to leave the dryer running so she stopped it and left the door open and then restarted it when she came home. When she went to empty the dryer she found my cat Baxter who had crawled in there when she was gone. She was the sweetest cat I had ever met and I miss her already. RIP Baxter. 

Comments

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss.
    Your Mom must be devastated. Sad accident
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    So Sorry to hear that. @bert873 Pets are part of the family and it's hard when you lose one. 
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    I am so sorry for poor Baxter and for you and your Mother. That's a horrible accident.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry. Cats love to get into everything. Nobody's fault just sad.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, made me want to cry  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry!!! What an awful accident.  :'( 

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My deepest sympathies to you and your family Bert. So sad to hear this news. :(
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer man that's tragic.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear @bert873.  I know how devastated we would be if we lost a pet.  They are family.  Keep your head up!
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Brother. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, Bert. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sick for your lost, Bert, but feel even worse for your mom.  She must feel awful.  I'm praying that she can forgive herself.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible news to hear brother. Always sad when a beloved pet crosses the rainbow bridge. 
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this Bert. I know it is tough. I am dreading the near future when it is Ernies time. My thoughts are with you!  

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have lots of cats, and while I put on a big show of them driving me crazy, I always hate losing one.  Last year we had to take Rosco in and have him euthanized, he was 17, in obvious pain, and had developed a habit of peeing down the eye of the stove.  Still, it was hard to do.  Sorry for your loss.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, Bert. Holding you and your family in the Light,
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, so sorry Bert :( My cat used to do that all the time :-/ 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this, Bert. I shared this with my wife this morning and our hearts go out to you
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's bizarre! You'd think that kitty would howl loud enough to get noticed!

Holy crap. I feel bad for Mom.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Life gets tough sometimes. Our critter friends are true friends. Help your Mom.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    That's horrible.  I think I'm about to shed a tear over this.

My sympathies.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. It's definitely been a tough few days already. We constantly see her everywhere in the house in all her favorite places to nap. 
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear this brother 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry brother, that is really hard I wish you the best!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Bert, sorry I'm so late to this.  I just saw this now.  Very sorry to hear about Baxter.  Hope you can find some peace soon brother.  Take care. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293