Home Cigar 101

What u guys opinions on 5 vegas cigars?

DrMundoDrMundo Posts: 24
edited January 2017 in Cigar 101
I was alway curious about the quality of 5 vegas there box is so nice and pretty. but Ive never tried b4. 

By the way b4 i order some i want to hear u guys opinion. I usually smoke rocky patel, oliva, and padillas.

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold is pure $hit... carry on
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AAA is not bad. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Triple A is very good.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the gold maduro is a fine budget stick.

Needs to be the maduro though...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maduro and the AAA are really good.  The Gold is not bad for a morning cigar, but is very mild and I tend to like the bolder cigars.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who does not like 5 Vegas Gold and has some, I will gladly take them off your hands.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AAA were really good after about a year in the humi (IMO). The Cask strength is one I also enjoyed along with the gold maduro.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like rocky patel, oliva, and padillas, then I think you might like the 5 Vegas Classic. The 5 Vegas Gold is very mild. (Just so you know, it's pronounced "Cinco Vegas" not "Five Vegas")

Everybody's got their own opinions. It's really up to you to decide. You need to try them to know for sure. If you love the 5 Vegas line of cigars then you have hit the jackpot because you can get them for less $ than a lot of other cigars. However, there's a reason why some cigars cost more, and there's a reason why some cost less. You will find cigars you like and cigars you don't, all along the spectrum of price. 

Me? I enjoyed the 5 Vegas classic in my early days. I don't seek them out anymore. I still have some. I may re-visit them if I ever find them in the bottom of some cooler. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Anyone who does not like 5 Vegas Gold and has some, I will gladly take them off your hands.
    Saw that one coming a mile away. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    See?  Now, that's what makes a horse race. Everybody has their own opinion and they're all valid - to each opinion holder. 

To me, the 5 Vegas gold is a fairly good, mild smoke. Good with a morning cup of coffee. On the other hand, the gold maduro is crap. 

I also like the Classic and the A. The AAA is full bodied and just a bit more than I want to deal with. 
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    I like the Cask Strength and the Triple A with some rest.  My favorite is their limited runs of the year.  Those tend to be pretty good.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

Definitely different strokes for different folks.  I'm not a big mild cigar fan, but I've always enjoyed the 5 Vegas Gold.  I agree with jlmarta, good morning cigar with coffee. 

The only other one I really enjoyed was the original Cask Strength. 

There's really only one way to find out for sure which ones you'll like.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big fan of the classic myself. They age very well. I prefer them in the corona or robusto
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Most 5 Vegas I've had aren't bad smokes...they just aren't great smokes. I'll never go into my shop and be ecstatic that they have some laying around. Then again, I won't be mad if I have one laying in my humi.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My offer still stands.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    My offer still stands.
    I offer to set up a trade, but all you'd have to send back to me are 5Vegas.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    jd50ae said:
    My offer still stands.
    I'm sorry, that's funny.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife smoked a Gold once, and swore up and down it tasted like shellfish....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Wylaff said:
    My wife smoked a Gold once, and swore up and down it tasted like shellfish....
    Nope. Not gonna.
    Can't do it. Just can't. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    0patience said:
    peter4jc said:
    jd50ae said:
    My offer still stands.
    I'm sorry, that's funny.

Man I'd love to see how that turns out
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    jd50ae said:
    My offer still stands.
    Would some numbered lime candies sweeten the deal?
  • ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    DrMundo said:
    I was alway curious about the quality of 5 vegas there box is so nice and pretty. but Ive never tried b4. 

By the way b4 i order some i want to hear u guys opinion. I usually smoke rocky patel, oliva, and padillas.

jd50ae said:
    My offer still stands.
    @DrMundo, I can send you a sampler to try before you  order. PM me your addy.

I can hook you up also, @jd50ae. B)
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why our cat just drinks from the toilet. 
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the classic 5 Vegas, they were great. Also tried  the maduros, which were strangely disappointing.  But, wasn't aware of the other lines, AAA, cask strength,  A etc.  But, the maduros I tried were not well kept  (love maduros) and the original bolstered my faith in cigars as I was still iffy on this flavor thing as a  newbie I could not get a hold of. So, I highly recommend 5 Vegas.
    The secret word is cigars!