Home General Discussion
Options

Big changes in my life coming soon

bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't been super active as of late and unfortunately that will continue for a bit as there are some big changes for my family and I in the near future. We are planning on moving back to our hometown in Jackson, MO (roughly 2 hrs south of St. Louis). This move will take place as soon as jobs are found. Currently applying for jobs so looking at the move happening within the next 2 months. We'll be staying at my mom's for a bit saving money for a house. I will also be joining the National Guard. Need to talk to a recruiter still to figure out exactly what I want to do. So I'll have basic training at some point. I'll find a job first and get established before starting National Guard. So with all this I will probably be in and out for a bit. I'm hoping to be able to get on the vherf from time to time during all this and stay in touch with people as I consider many on here to be great friends.

Comments

• Options
    Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rock on bud, cheers to new opportunities!! 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like some good changes, Bert.  Thanks for the update, and please do stay in touch!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go get em, Bert. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the best on our new move and hope it goes nice and smooth.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope all goes well, good luck Bert
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck on the transition Andrew 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes on the adventure! 
    One of the dealers I work with is nearing retirement from the National Guard. If you want to talk to someone with experience, pm me your number and I will have Max call you. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck, Bert. Proud to know you, sir!
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Lou Crew.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds exciting Andrew. Stay safe
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although my heart is broken I am happy for you and you family Bert. The Lou Cree still lives @wylaff. That bond will never be broken 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck. We all will be thinking about you and your family.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone. I won't be gone for good and who knows maybe once we move I'll have more time to get on. The Lou crew will still be alive and kicking. We can still put together massive bombing runs so don't think you guys are safe because I'm moving away. 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck with all the new changes and opportunities, hope things go really well for you and you find what you are looking for as well! Thanks for sharing and will be pulling for you!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck in your future endeavors, Andrew.
  • Options
    GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck, Bert.  Sounds like some exciting changes.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, hope everything goes smooth
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the best for you.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bert873 can you help @matkn293 get that humidor moved to the basement before you bail
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy for you Bert!  And putting some distance between you and Mark after all those times you drove the bus over him, sounds like a wise move...
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    matkn293 said:
    I think I may just hide him in it. Kind of like having my own little pet Bert. 
    @matkn293 can I have a lighter to smoke cigars while hiding in the humidor?
  • Options
    skydiverD said:
    Happy for you Bert!  And putting some distance between you and Mark after all those times you drove the bus over him, sounds like a wise move...
    @skydiverD LOL! you want to know the best part?? Mark won't know the addy of where I'm staying but I'll still know his.....
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bert873 said:
    skydiverD said:
    @skydiverD LOL! you want to know the best part?? Mark won't know the addy of where I'm staying but I'll still know his.....
    I will find you!!!!!  Don't think you are getting off that easy. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bert, don't join the Nasty Girls. Do it right and go active.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy chit a Rain sighting!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    @Rain I would love to go active but had to make a deal with the wife. She wants to move closer to home and won't do the base living. She also said nothing dangerous and took all the fun stuff out