Home Non Cigar Related

Concrete block smoker/grill.

MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
This year I will be building a concrete block smoker/grill. I have used a very large one my dad and I built for whole hogs. I am going to loosely use this design, http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/108738/new-cinder-block-smoker-grill but I want to be able to use it for both family meals and for largr scale cooking as well. 
Any tips or advice you guys can think of?

Comments

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MikeTodd I've been wanting to do this too.  Love it.  I've been thanking about putting a cooking grate over my fire box for grilling, and steel hood or door to cover it when smoking. Just a thought.  
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any tips but I'd love to see pictures as you build it
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you looking to smoke? I would lean towards the suggestion of a grate over the firebox to grill and then a wood smoke House but that would be me.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you looking to smoke? I would lean towards the suggestion of a grate over the firebox to grill and then a wood smoke House but that would be me.
    It is more of a bbq smoker and not a true smokehouse for perserving meat.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about making a large one but putting a removable 1/4" steel divider plate in the middle?
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that idea @silvermouse. Right now I am in the planning stages but hoping to have something up and running in a month.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am late to the game, but agree with @silvermouse suggestion.

Would enjoy seeing pics of your project
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Or is that Finnish product?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.