Home General Discussion

March Madness

timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
It's been a rough month. Truly understand and agree with the frustration and disappointment expressed by some, and greatly appreciate the support and understanding from many of you. I can't even begin to apologize to all of you in a way that I feel would be worth the read, but I'll try. I've been employed with CIGAR.com for over a decade, and never have I been more upset, frustrated, embarrassed, disillusioned, and exasperated than I have been the past few weeks. Guys, it has flatout sucked and there's no excuse for it. Period. Please accept my apology, or don't. Either way I understand and either way I'm here to try and help you anyway I can. Now that I see the silver lining, I had to say something about the recent past, but I also want to address the future.

Things ARE getting better and soon, we'll be better than ever. That's what keeps me coming in everyday and working with this great group of people, all dedicated to be part of a company we can be proud of, and you can depend on. I also have been focused on making this year's March Madness something special. Starting tonight at midnight, they'll be some unique deals popping up on the site. I hope you enjoy the selections and prices, and I'm always open to hearing what you guys want to see offered. Also any feedback, opinions, thoughts, hate mail, haikus, anything at all that you want to share, share away.

Thanks again, all of you. 

Tim Blythe

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Any particular place that we need to look for the deals or will they be on the main page?

I want cameroons. Don't really care what ones, just any of them. LOL!
    Ok, not any of them, but most of them.

And why did you wait until I just put in an order with Andy to come out with deals?
    Now I have to explain to my wife why I need more money on my cigar budget this month.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    Cameroons... a man after my heart.  I'll see what I can do!  Daily Cigar Deals, email offers, Goodyear Blimp - keep your eyes open.
    Thank you sir!
    But you are gonna get me in trouble. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, those Mi Quiridas are a pretty good price.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Damn, those Mi Quiridas are a pretty good price.
    Not my favorite vitola but what the hell, I'm sure these won't be on sale often.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    A permanent discount code for the forum plus free shipping would also help. Just saying. Two things i refuse to do when ordering online is pay shipping or taxes. Also, get on board with more boutique companies. Protocal, black label ect. I know ghurka, rocky patel, and monte cristo is how you guys survive but it also pushes other guys away. 
    +1 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really classy Tim, thanks for the message and really appreciate it!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Tim. I'm glad to see things looking better for cigar.com and that veteran leaders like you are fighting this battle. 

Just out of curiosity you said cigar.com will be better than ever.  Can you elaborate on how the changes you just fought through will have a positive impact going forward?

I also see your orders are getting a lot faster but they're still taking a few days to process.  Any idea when you guys will be out of the woods with this whole ordeal? 
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    A permanent discount code for the forum plus free shipping would also help. Just saying. Two things i refuse to do when ordering online is pay shipping or taxes. Also, get on board with more boutique companies. Protocal, black label ect. I know ghurka, rocky patel, and monte cristo is how you guys survive but it also pushes other guys away. 
    things a hipster would say ^^^
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back that ad banner in the middle of the forum page for the AVO Nicaragua, dadgummit!

Hehehe... thanks for getting rid of that eyesore.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    timb said:
    Clearly, hey man!  Soon we'll be able to ship more packages per day, more accurately, and with less waste.  We should be able to carry more inventory items and forecast consumption needs better as well.  Already, I have the ability to make changes to the website that go live much quicker than before.  Eventually I'll be spending less time on setting up things behind the scenes, so I'll be able to find more great cigars to offer, think up more creative and fun specials, and generally be more accessible to all of you and the sales team, customer service, warehouse, hell... everybody!  Oh and most important, I'll be able to smoke more cigars without all the ash falling on my keyboard and lap staring at this damn screen all day.  : )
    So no permanent discount code and free shipping. 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for reaching out Tim-glad you are working behind the scenes for all of us. Am looking forward to seeing your March Madness deals!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    @timb Nice.  Well I hope it does provide some relief for you and the rest of the team there in Bethlehem.  I can only imagine you guys have been pulling some long hours throughout and dealing with some pretty unruly folks.

Hey, just a thought on the March Madness thing, how about something to honor Avo!
    Usaf, looking into it.  
    Clearly, what a loss for this industry, the music world, and everyone else.  I think that's a great idea, let's see what I can do.
    Holy cow!
    Tonight's is something else.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there.  Andy D. has been great and your customer service has been so outstanding in the past, we can get by this FUBAR.

Our college is going to a new system and so far it does less, is harder to operate and just generally sucks!  I understand your pain.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    Tonight's is so much better.

What would you do?
    Burn up the remainder of your budget on the Liberty 10 pack or wait?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be better off with the Havana VI's.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Now I need to call @peter4jc and wake him up for some CAS counseling. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 84CJ784CJ7 Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear things are getting better for y'all.  I can't imagine the stress you and your team are under.

With a system change of that magitude it is tough to cover all the bases.  A proper testing strategy is cost prohibitive so that is usually the first thing to cut.  

I hope management takes the crew out for a nice steak dinner and drinks once this is lined out.

Best of luck,

Mark
    Thank you, Mark.  Steaks and drinks - yes!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    timb said:
    Thank you, Mark.  Steaks and drinks - yes!

and after that dinner, what better than a premium cigar????
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5