Home Ratings & Reviews

Tick Tock Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017

miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
These should be landing any day now. Maduro oooooooooh yea

1/2 nut article

Crowned Heads fans, get ready.

The Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017 will head to stores in about a month. It’s the fourth year the company has released the line, which is inspired by La Calavera Catrina, a zinc etching by José Guadalupe Posada. This year’s releases uses an Ecuadorian habano maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and fillers from Nicaragua.

“Since we first introduced Las Calaveras in 2014, the marca has risen dramatically in popularity and notoriety,” said Jon Huber, Crowned Heads co-founder, in a statement to halfwheel. “One of the things I’m personally most proud of, however, is that the underlying message of the brand, i.e., to celebrate (rather than mourn) the lives of those who’ve passed on in the previous year, has been heard and received literally around the world.”

It will be offered in four sizes, three of which will be sold in 24-count boxes and an additional size only offered through a four-count sampler.

• Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017 LC46 (5 5/8 x 46) — $9.75 (Boxes of 24, $234) — 1,700 Boxes of 24 Cigars + 3,000 Samplers of 1 Cigar (43,800 Total Cigars)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017 LC50 (5 x 50) — $10.75 (Boxes of 24, $258) — 1,700 Boxes of 24 Cigars + 3,000 Samplers of 1 Cigar (43,800 Total Cigars)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017 LC52 (6 x 52) — $11.75 (Boxes of 24, $282) — 1,700 Boxes of 24 Cigars + 3,000 Samplers of 1 Cigar (43,800 Total Cigars)
  • Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017 5 1/2 x 54 —$9.70* — 3,000 Samplers of 1 Cigar (3,000 Total Cigars)

*The four-count sampler, which contains one of each of the cigars, is priced at $41.95.

“I believe that this particular year’s flavor profile was best summed up by a friend and industry colleague who smoked one of the pre-release samples who said, ‘The 2017 tastes like the 2014 and 2016 (Las Calaveras) had a baby,'” said Huber.

Production will once again be handled at My Father Cigars S.A.

Free Cuba
"I ain't got no Opus's"
LLA
- Lancero Lovers of America
2016 Gang War (South)
May I assss u a ?

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prices seem high to me, I might pick some up later on the secondary market.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got an email, probably the same one you got w/ pricing on all the vitolas.... i.e. robustos are $226/box of 24.  Less than MSRP, but still seems high.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, but does that mean we aren't going to buy them? I think not.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can always get a sampler and yes the box prices are high it seems. Personally I would grab the Gan Corona's
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bnb has LC46 for 175 shipped i believe
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

edited June 2017
    1 box left at bnb
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Guitarded

Sorry, sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees, so,..............

What's the paper towel for?

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    @Guitarded

A frame for the black box photo? 
    I just used it to take a pic of the bomb Randy hit me with. 
    No real purpose, just happened to be there. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    @Guitarded

This from the guy that rotates his cigars, what is it, an eighth of a turn a month for proper seaoning.
    @dirtdude  You take everything I post literally huh?

Really? 

You like well-aged, rare and very valuable La Perla Habanas?   
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoo rags, twisting cigars and La Perla's. This thread has went to shiiiit.  :)
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Bob_Luken said:
    dirtdude said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    @Guitarded

This from the guy that rotates his cigars, what is it, an eighth of a turn a month for proper seaoning.
    @dirtdude  You take everything I post literally huh?

Really? 

You like well-aged, rare and very valuable La Perla Habanas?   
    Oh hell Mike I don't believe anything you say anymore but it is always quote able 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found the sampler for $36.95. If anyone's interested in pinching a few pennies shoot me a pm for the site.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as good as previous years imo.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 still the best (in my opinion).  This one is better than the 15 though, again in my opinion.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    I was told that LC17 is what would happen if LC14 and LC16 had a baby
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    '14 was phenominal it's kind of gone south from there, mine are resting still.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do miss the 2014s.  Not related to the cigar but this was my last tat. 

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."