Home General Discussion

La Perla Habana

HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
Can y'all tell me what you think about these cigars? I've never smoked one but everything I read about them has me wanting to get a couple of different 5-packs (which I think I'll do later this week). I'm just looking for some thoughts from anyone who has smoked them. 

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried the morado. Not sure on the spelling but the purple label one. I like cameroons but I would never smokes these again. Everyone has different tastes these are not for me. 

I would get a single and try it. 
  • HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was it that you didn't like @deadman?
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I haven't found the La Perla cigars I've tried--Black Pearl Oro,
    Black Pearl Rojo, and the White Pearl--memorable enough to reorder. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pass, they are not worth your money
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• HeavysetrapierHeavysetrapier Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent. Thanks Peter!
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    What was it that you didn't like @deadman?
    Flavor profile. Construction and burn was spot on. Bought a fiver to try, smoked the 3rd one with around a year of rest. Still not my thing. Gave the others away.
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it was like the 10th cigar I tried. Enjoyed it at the time but now realize I will probably never smoke another one unless the zombie apocalypse occurs. 
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not terrible, but they are a one note song. And that note can be a bit off key.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morados are solid lawn mower smokes, and being a lawn mower smoke if you don't like it toss in front of the John Deere, makes good compost for the lawn. Seriously  though, they burn good, good draw, are cheap, do the job. I've smoked them off the mower and they're not bad but their still a $3 cigar. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.