Home Non Cigar Related

When you buy a problem product.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
At the beginning of the year, we purchased a navigation stereo for my wife's car.
It has navigation, USB/MP3 player, video and all that stuff.
Well, we had problems with it and the company kept sending us firmware updates to try and get it to work properly.

Finally, I had enough of it and since we spent 5 months trying to get it working, they declined to replace it or give any money back.
Since we bought it on Amazon, I sent Amazon an email saying that I understand the company's stance, that sold it, but I wasn't happy with it and thought they should know that the company isn't standing behind their product.

2 hours later, the wife gets an email from Amazon saying they refunded the entire purchase of the stereo and that we can donate, dispose or keep the stereo.
Well ok then.

Then we get a call from Amazon asking how their customer service did.
Well, since I wasn't expecting much, they did GREAT!
Full refund? Uhm that works for me.

I really didn't expect any resolution on this, was just venting to the company what I ran into and thought that the seller should be held more accountable. 
I guess Amazon agreed.

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it worked out for you. That was a great response by Amazon.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Smart on Amazon's part. Keep you happy and probably go after the manufacturer separately.  Or possibly they are done with supplier and just consider it collateral damage. Nice to see the consumer win.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Amazon has always been pretty good to deal with for us. We has a fire TV box die within a month of buying it, and although out of the 30 day return period (barely), it had a free warranty and getting a new one was no problem. The few returns we've made have been extremely easy. 

Had the opposite experience with Kohls.com and ended up getting a broken English email that said "congratulations!" on our refund. So I guess it worked out. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon has always helped with purchases no questions asked.

But, they have refused to post critical reviews on a couple of products. That does seem to be changing.