Home Cigar 101
Options

storage

justaljustal Posts: 1
When I purchase our receive new Cigars should I remove them to store in my humidor

Answers

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you should store them in something that can regulate the humidity.
    If they are in a sealed box, then at least have the box in something that can maintain the humidity. If you only have a desktop humidor, then I would put them all in the humidor.

If you have a coolidor or large enough humidor that will hold the box, that would be ideal, unless you plan on smoking them right away.

The box will breathe enough that as long as it's in the humidor, it will maintain it.
    But you don't want to leave a sealed box out for too long, as there is no way to tell what you are keeping their humidty at.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Should you remove them,...... from what?
    The box they came in? I'd have to guess that's what you're asking because it's not clear what you are asking. For that, I'll give you some equally discernible instruction. Do not, under any circumstances remove. This is a common mistake and will ruin your cigars. 

Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I messed up that instruction. Do not, under any circumstances if alternately to free it. 

Maybe that will make more sense to ya' :)

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, don't feed after midnight.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...