Home Ratings & Reviews

Davidoff Madison

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
My little brother was in New York and stopped by Davidoff Madison to see if there were some cigars that were some hard to finds I might not have.
He found me the Uptown NY Davidoff and the Nicaraguan.
Now, the Nicaraguan I can get, but the Uptown is one I've wanted to get, but unable to.
(I posted them in the What did you get thread)

But when I talked to my brother about it, the one thing that stuck with him was that the salesperson spent a lot of time with him explaining things to him and asked what cigars I liked. He only knew of the cameroon stuff. LOL!
My brother was surprised at how well they treated everyone who came in their store.
When my brother asked about one that I wouldn't normally get, they directed him to the Uptown.

As far as I'm concerned, if I ever go to NY, I'll be stopping at the Davidoff Madison store.
They treat my family right, so I have to commend them for it.
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the way the Davidoff store I visited in Switzerland was. Nothing better than customer care.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to a couple Davidoff stores in NY and the guy at the Madison Ave. was great to talk with. He was very nice and didn't talk down to a guy from South Dakota at all, haha. I would recommend stopping there if you're in town. The other store in Brookfield Place was great as well but not quite as ready to talk cigars with a peasant like me. A little bit snobbish but not terrible. I wish I had time to smoke there, but I did pick up a few store exclusives. One I got from the Madison Avenue store was a Pepin blend made for the davidoff store at around $8 a stick, which is cheap for NYC. Wish I would have bought more of those. I got an Uptown as well, though one was all I could fit in the budget.
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to a couple Davidoff stores in NY and the guy at the Madison Ave. was great to talk with. He was very nice and didn't talk down to a guy from South Dakota at all, haha. I would recommend stopping there if you're in town. The other store in Brookfield Place was great as well but not quite as ready to talk cigars with a peasant like me. A little bit snobbish but not terrible. I wish I had time to smoke there, but I did pick up a few store exclusives. One I got from the Madison Avenue store was a Pepin blend made for the davidoff store at around $8 a stick, which is cheap for NYC. Wish I would have bought more of those. I got an Uptown as well, though one was all I could fit in the budget.
    ....CH...you RocK and LuV the Avatar........
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Also make sure if you go to NY you visit the Nat Sherman Townhouse.