Home Cigar 101

Dunhill Altamiras

I'm new to forums, I'm new to this site, and I'm relatively new to cigars. I've been in Afghanistan for about 3 months. All the while, my wife has been sending random cigars from shops around Savannah, GA. Its always exciting to get a package with new "testers." Well, it's been her routine to go in and ask, right away, "what do you recommend and what is your most expensive." She ends up getting me a few of each. Which brings my to my topic. The most expensive and, actually, the best cigar I've had yet. The Dunhill Altamiras. Now, I don't just smoke and say, "yah or nay." I like to read up and learn about the tobacco, the region, and the company. To my surprise, I didn't find much, except that Dunhill may have been bought out. Here lies my questions; is this (to the "connoisseurs") is this a good cigar and if so, why so hard to find. Thank you for those who will spend the time answering. Matthew

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    First of all, your wife is awesome, second, welcome to the boards...and 3rd...sorry, I'v never heard of those cigars before...but maybe some of the other guys here have.

"Long ashes my friends."

• One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Thank you so very much for your service. Sounds like your wife is a great one! Never heard of that particular cigar, so sorry about that. I don't know how many good tobacconists are around where your wife can shop (but it seems like probably some decent ones) but she might try checking out Ccom too, as it is a rare B&M that can match the variety of Ccom. On the flip side it is clear you can get certain things at B&Ms that are unavailable onlline, too, so they are both great.

Take care. Look forward to interacting with ya on the forum.