Home Ratings & Reviews

Ghurka Blue Steel

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Has anyone had one of these? Tim sent me a couple to try in my last order from ccom.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I've had a few they aren't too bad. I need to revisit them cause last time I rushed the smoke and that's never good.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had a few when they first came out and wasn't too impressed with them, but after 6months plus in the humi they seemed to taste better. not sure if it was the time in there or just me....
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I still have 9 sitting in the humi that I bought on the Daily Deal when they were only 8.95 per 5. Gave one away and I'm still yet to try one. I'll smoke one if Navy wins today to celebrate and I'll share my experience here. (I guess I should say "when Navy wins.")
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I've had several and they were good. A small batch ( 50,000 ?) but a good price ( 5.00 ). Deep flavors... very robust earthy, woody, I remember the after taste lingering a long time. If you ask fla-gypsy he would have a rave review. I think he smoked a box of them last week based on his what' cha smokin posts.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't crazy about them, but a couple of guys I work with tried them and really liked them.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    I've had several and they were good. A small batch ( 50,000 ?) but a good price ( 5.00 ). Deep flavors... very robust earthy, woody, I remember the after taste lingering a long time. If you ask fla-gypsy he would have a rave review. I think he smoked a box of them last week based on his what' cha smokin posts.

Actually I thought they were a fine everyday smoke but I would not keep any around for special occassions! LOL. I am going to smoke the rest of what I have. Ibought them on the reviews of some other smokers and for 8.95 a 5 pack I consider it a decent deal still.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    kaspera79:
    Actually I thought they were a fine everyday smoke but I would not keep any around for special occassions! LOL. I am going to smoke the rest of what I have. Ibought them on the reviews of some other smokers and for 8.95 a 5 pack I consider it a decent deal still.
    ... Well worth the price of two bucks each... At that price I would get more..As you said, a nice everyday smoke.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Tim (TGO) gave me a Blue Steel toro at the last herf, and I enjoyed it. There was a pronounced shift in flavor and body from the first half to the second, and all around it was a tasty cigar. Having said that, I don't think it is one I'd keep on hand as it doesn't really fit with my tastes in cigars, certainly a decent stick though, and at $2 each it's hard to go wrong.
    So I had the Blue Steel yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Had some great flavors that boded very well with me. Really tight draw but after about 7 stabs into the end of it with my little electrical pin extractor, it opened right up. All-in-all, I'm glad I have 8 more of them.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    So I had the Blue Steel yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Had some great flavors that boded very well with me. Really tight draw but after about 7 stabs into the end of it with my little electrical pin extractor, it opened right up. All-in-all, I'm glad I have 8 more of them.
    If only they came with that handy tool.....
    hell, this handy tool is pretty hard for me to come by with unlimited resources available and the government paying for it. i was lucky to come across this one. works great though.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This is a cigar that responds well to aging also. Consistently get better day by day.