Home Ratings & Reviews

San Cristobal Papagayos

Had an opportunity to experience the craftmanship of Jose "Pepin"Garcia. This is a very well constructed cigar. nice appearance of the oily wrapper with a few small veins. Nice feel in my hand. Nice easy cut with a very light pre-light draw that yielded a hint of sweet spice...Upon lighting the sweet spice was still there with a hint of cedar and some earthiness. The first draw was exquisite and I knew I was in for a very pleasant experience> The first third remained true to the pre-light draw very easy with the same sweet spice taste....the hints of cedar and earthinessd did not re-appear until about halfway thru. The flavoe and aroma became very complex and totally balanced. This cigar is truly a pleasure. I believe I detected a bit of chocolate along the way but I was just enjoying the ride...I super nubbed this one...didn't want it to end. I must say a very good cigar and I am going to have a hard time allowing the three remaining ones I have the opportunity to age to see how and if they improve. (This is a Gordo 5.7x55...a nice stik)

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I think Kas sent me one of these a while back and it sure does look delicious.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Give it a burn and be ready for a nice slow ride. I hope you like it as much as I did.
  • Burned some San Cristobal robustos a few months ago and those are some great smokes, possibly my favorite maduro.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I highly recommend the papgayos...I will give the robusto a burn just to see how it compares...these may be the very best maduros...