Home General Discussion
Options

Colibri Sensor Soft Flame Lighter

Saw these today at the B&M on sale for $60(reg $100). The sensor feature is a neat idea in my opinion. Anyone use one? Are they worth the money? Any input is appreciated

Comments

• Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I think I've seen what you're referring to, but my thoughts..?

As far as I know, Colibri doesn't have anywhere near the awesome warranty that Xikar (or others) does/do. In that vein, the sensor is just another nifty doodad to fail and make your lighter not work, and then you get to deal with the lacking warranty.

Lighters don't need fancy technology, in my opinion. Both of my torches have failed, and now I use a Bic regularly. Yeah, it doesn't look awesome, but it WORKS great. My next lighter will likely be the Xikar FlintFire II lighter - keep it flint, keep it less complicated...and either way, I have the rockin Xikar warranty to back it up.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    The "sensor technology" wasn't a huge selling point for me and I agree it's just another fancy doodad that will break. The biggest draw for me was that it was on sale(all their colibri lighters were 40% off) and i've been looking for a good soft flame lighter. They did have a couple of Xicar soft flames but I was pressed for time and didn't get to check them out. Thanks for the input!!
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I have never used a Xikar soft flame lighter, but I assume they are phenominal. I have a couple Xikar torch lighters and I love them! I would def. check out the Xikar soft flames before you make a purchase.
  • Options
    dwayne3307:
    Saw these today at the B&M on sale for $60(reg $100). The sensor feature is a neat idea in my opinion. Anyone use one? Are they worth the money? Any input is appreciated
    If you are looking for a nice lighter at a great deal do this: check out the bugatti lighter we have online and contact me at: jjackson at cigar.com for a sweet deal. I have sold these lighters to a lot of our deployed Military overseas and they work well.