Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Utopia Blue Maduro Torpedo w/ Hint 'O Sweet...

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
I know I've reviewed this here before, but I had another one last night and I can't stop thinking about it. My boys at Utopia Cigars in Chi-town know what they're doing, that's for sure. $3.95 for an hour and a half of pure bliss, what could be better?

I know most of you can't go down to your local B&M and get these, but you can order from them direct. Check out their web site: utopiacigars.com. If anybody wants to try one, I'd be more than happy to mooch one or two your way.

PM me if you're interested.

Also, if you have a local blend that you enjoy, we could work out a trade.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    pm sent
  • Options
    reply sent
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I know I've reviewed this here before, but I had another one last night and I can't stop thinking about it. My boys at Utopia Cigars in Chi-town know what they're doing, that's for sure. $3.95 for an hour and a half of pure bliss, what could be better?

I know most of you can't go down to your local B&M and get these, but you can order from them direct. Check out their web site: utopiacigars.com. If anybody wants to try one, I'd be more than happy to mooch one or two your way.

How do you order from them direct. Should I call? I don't see a way to order on their website.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    lilwing88:

How do you order from them direct. Should I call? I don't see a way to order on their website.
    Yea. You have to call the number on the site. They'll ship them to you, though. The owner, Bobby aka "The Boss", is a great guy. He, or his son Kevin, will take good care of you.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    They look like nice sticks.....I will have to try a few next paycheck. Thanks for the info lilwing.
  • Options
    you get my package yet? i tracked and it says its still in transit. I'm sure UPS is still reeling from the holidays. fedex website says i'm supposed to see your pkg today WOOOHOOOO
  • Options
    Not yet.... I'll never use fedex or UPS again. USPS is the way to go from now on...... Your pack is supposed to be here tomorrow..... looking forward to it. Hope you enjoy the pack I sent you.
  • Options
    i am sure I will enjoy the pack. i hope you enjoy yours as well. there's some yummy sticks in there. i think us postal is the way to go, but i have UPS pickup at work and it's easier sometimes. i hate UPS though
  • Options
    WOOHOO the care package arrived and you hooked it up fat style. I feel kinda bad because in your original post you said a stick or two and you kick down FIVE sticks. I'm so excited to try these. You rock
  • Options
    dennisking:
    WOOHOO the care package arrived and you hooked it up fat style. I feel kinda bad because in your original post you said a stick or two and you kick down FIVE sticks. I'm so excited to try these. You rock
    I am excited for my sticks from Lil also....... Have a nice spot all picked out for them bad boys in the humi already. Thanks again Lil!
  • Options
    24footjet24footjet Posts: 132
    Well, here goes. I made a trade with lilwing for some Utopias and I'm sure glad I did, maybe for my tastes one of the best cigars I've had the pleasure of smoking. Like a tobacco candy bar, I had a tough time putting it down. I just got done ordering a bundle of 25 torpedoes for $148 bucks, little more than 3.95 a stick but they are worth it. (I guess I don't have the inside track yet). It's been a long week of crappy cigars with 2 RP Edges unraveling on me, and then an Old World Reserve unraveling on me...like a bomb went off in the Edges, I'll have to let the sister site know about this. Smoking this baby put me into a good mood, never had a cigar do this to me but it did. It was so rich and chewy, and had an absolute perfect razor's edge burn and looked so nice sitting there smoking I almost drove off the road a couple times. If you want a fantastic cigar, order some of these.. maybe lilwing can get you the good guy discount and go from there.
  • Options
    24footjet:
    Well, here goes. I made a trade with lilwing for some Utopias and I'm sure glad I did, maybe for my tastes one of the best cigars I've had the pleasure of smoking. Like a tobacco candy bar, I had a tough time putting it down. I just got done ordering a bundle of 25 torpedoes for $148 bucks, little more than 3.95 a stick but they are worth it. (I guess I don't have the inside track yet). It's been a long week of crappy cigars with 2 RP Edges unraveling on me, and then an Old World Reserve unraveling on me...like a bomb went off in the Edges, I'll have to let the sister site know about this. Smoking this baby put me into a good mood, never had a cigar do this to me but it did. It was so rich and chewy, and had an absolute perfect razor's edge burn and looked so nice sitting there smoking I almost drove off the road a couple times. If you want a fantastic cigar, order some of these.. maybe lilwing can get you the good guy discount and go from there.
    Great review, 24. Thanks. You took the words right outta my mouth. I swear sometimes I catch myself smiling like a giddy school kid when I'm smoking these things.

Likewise, for me if you get the hook-up! LOL! I'm a regular at the shop and he STILL never hooks me up. But, really for less than $4 a stick , you can't beat it.
  • Options
    24footjet:
    I have to agree totaly with 24, my second favorite stick. Thank you very much Litwing for turning me on to these badboys. We will have to do a trade agin soon for another 5 pack.
  • Options
    I had one of these on Sunday, in fact my avatar is a pic of me smoking it. Very tasty for sure. I liked it. Thanks again to lilwing for kickin some of these down.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm tempted, they look good. Is there a certain size that is better?
  • Options
    pheebs, check your inbox
    I like the toro, it's tasty
  • Options
    Anyone who ordered these, do they come in boxes or just bundles? and if so what was the price for the robusto's?
  • Options
    Call the shop and they'll quote you a price over the phone.......... (773) 725-1810.

I think they come in bundles of 25 for a little over $100 shipped. But don't quote me on that.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    pheebs, check your inbox
    I like the toro, it's tasty
    Hey Dennis, glad you liked these. Thanks for spreading the word.
  • Options
    It's what I do
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Call the shop and they'll quote you a price over the phone.......... (773) 725-1810.

I think they come in bundles of 25 for a little over $100 shipped. But don't quote me on that.
    thanks!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    lilwing88:

thanks!
    No problem. Maybe if you mention that you guys pay the highest income tax in the nation, he'll give you a little break! LOL!
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lilwing88:

thanks!
    No problem. Maybe if you mention that you guys pay the highest income tax in the nation, he'll give you a little break! LOL!
    actually we dont but i can lie.... we do have one of the highest cigar taxes though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    lilwing88:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lilwing88:

thanks!
    actually we dont but i can lie.... we do have one of the highest cigar taxes though.
    You don't have SALES tax, but you DO have income tax (yours is probably around 8%) Unless your "rich", then it's closer to 12%.

I just heard on the radio yesterday that your state congress just voted to raise state income tax 2% for top earners, making it the highest in the nation........ Your neighbors to the north have 0% state income tax. Seattle in the summer isn't looking so bad anymore......

I'd have to check, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that Chicago has the highest combined sales taxes (state, county, city) on just about anything.
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lilwing88:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lilwing88:

thanks!
    You don't have SALES tax, but you DO have income tax (yours is probably around 8%) Unless your "rich", then it's closer to 12%.

I just heard on the radio yesterday that your state congress just voted to raise state income tax 2% for top earners, making it the highest in the nation........ Your neighbors to the north have 0% state income tax. Seattle in the summer isn't looking so bad anymore......

I'd have to check, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that Chicago has the highest combined sales taxes (state, county, city) on just about anything.
    I'm not sure on the exact % but I think it's like 2-4% on people making 250k or more. I'm not rich, wish I was.. lol. I still don't think it's the highest in the nation, though I haven't looked at it. We also passed a measure to raise our 10 dollar corporate tax to 150 (min). now we are like 45 lowest to our 48 lowest in the country. In retrospect I still feel I pay too much for taxes.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    lilwing - want to work out a trade for some of these? they sound awesome! I gots lots of great cigars - let me know what you're lookin for.
  • Options
    hello my name is kevin and im the manager here at utopia in chicago...... i came across your review of our house blend and just wanted to say im glad you enjoyed it..... took alot of taste testing and trial and error to finally get the blend we enjoyed enough to put our name on..... i have been to hundreds of shops and have sampled alot of so called "house cigars" that tasted like crap ...... i myself wouldnt feel comfortable putting our name on something that people would toss out after a few puffs.....again thanks for the kind words