Home Non Cigar Related

Fluff post thread

Need to bump up your numbers? Look no further... Anything and everything, or nothing at all is the topic here.

Comments

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I'm watching the end of Jeremiah Johnson right now...
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    I'm at work making a support call to Verizon Wireless. I hate support phone calls.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    smoking a man o war, taking off til the 4th, pure unadulterated fluff.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too freakin' cold in Ithaca to smoke anything today. I did sneak one in a couple days ago, it got up into the 40's here.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Why do we need to bump numbers?
    Is there a giveaway?
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    "It’s the price of oil, the war of the spoils. Where’s your bucket for the big bailout? Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, We’ve got a lot to drink about"....J. Buffett
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Here in Salt City, were are at a toasty 25* Fahrenheit. Thats -3.8* Celsius for the curious
    Humidity level of 83%
    A dew point of 21* Fahrenheit, -6.1* Celsius
    Visibility is aprox 2.5 miles
    Fog and clouds blanket the sky today along with scattered snow fall throughout the day
    Ok, so I had a "fun" experience today at work.

Something had left a holiday gift in my warehouse today... but it wasn't gingerbread.

As a warehouse tech. I experience many situations that require me to think outside of the box (no pun intended). But alas, something has deficated inside the box, literally.

It was a little brown chud of holiday cheer. I thought "Have we pissed somebody off and they have begun a fecal retaliation and that's the best they could do? ... Ha!
    Well, whatever pinched off that tiny loaf, can't be that intimidating and I'm sure I could take it in a fight... pretty sure at least. So I sent out an email to all the associates who have access to the warehouse with a similar tone, and I've since received some humorous responses.

Thought I would share my crappy day and hopefully get some laughs out of it. $hit happens.
  • nightmaremike31:
    Ok, so I had a "fun" experience today at work.

Something had left a holiday gift in my warehouse today... but it wasn't gingerbread.

As a warehouse tech. I experience many situations that require me to think outside of the box (no pun intended). But alas, something has deficated inside the box, literally.

It was a little brown chud of holiday cheer. I thought "Have we pissed somebody off and they have begun a fecal retaliation and that's the best they could do? ... Ha!
    Well, whatever pinched off that tiny loaf, can't be that intimidating and I'm sure I could take it in a fight... pretty sure at least. So I sent out an email to all the associates who have access to the warehouse with a similar tone, and I've since received some humorous responses.

Thought I would share my crappy day and hopefully get some laughs out of it. $hit happens.
    Reminds me of that Dane Cook bit about the coats.lol.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Going to start my basement project this weekend. I fix trucks, not build basements..........should be interesting.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    4 years served honorably in the United States Navy......
    2 years spent supporting the Marine Corp with test and evaluation on the V-22 Osprey......
    2 years spent in local committees designing Human Rights agendas, collegiate scholarships for standout youth, and fair representation of the common worker......
    Thousands of lives affected.......

And next Friday, one woman gets to determine whether I get to keep my job or not. All because someone somewhere decided that my job was a "Position of Public Trust" and George W. Bush decided to enact an executive order which draws out suitability and unsuitability to hold these positions.

Oh, one more number for you.... 68.....

68 good, knowledgable, experienced, hardworking aircraft mechanics and operations support personnel dismissed from their careers this year at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland because one woman, who couldn't tell you what an airplane looks like, decided they were unsuitable. What a shame.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Watching Super Why with my kids while they eat cheerios!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah.... like i need to pad my posts....
    kuzi16:
    yeah.... like i need to pad my posts....

Watch out kuzi, I could come flying in like I just got back from the future in my delorean and have way more than your puny 5872 posts ... or I could try to post 252 posts a day for the next 23 and a half days...

But it could happen... maybe...

Ha, now I'm at 253... I'm almost there, HA HA!!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hey Dangit!!!

I saw a thread about fluffing and THIS is what I get???

C'mon fellas, I got a "Wind-sock" thing going on and my next money shot is in 10 minutes!!!
    ........Seventeen........
    Lasabar:
    Hey Dangit!!!

C'mon fellas, I got a "Wind-sock" thing going on and my next money shot is in 10 minutes!!!
    How would you write that up if applying for a loan something?... hmm

Picture if you will

(At a Crappy Credit Union)

(Crappy CU)And what's your job title sir?

(Yourself)... um... I'm a Fluffer.

(Crappy CU)And what do you do?

(Yourself)... (whispers in ear)

(Crappy CU)... uh huh... oh hey, I've seen that one!! We'll just put you "Prepare" actors for their upcoming scene for films.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Hey Dangit!!!

Just when I think lassy gets classy ( Cigar shop Indians) he comes back with this bit of wisdom. Gotta love 'im.
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    Hey Dangit!!!

Just when I think lassy gets classy ( Cigar shop Indians) he comes back with this bit of wisdom. Gotta love 'im.
    I speak to the Masses!!!!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    Hey Dangit!!!

like Jesus?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    Hey Dangit!!!

like Jesus?
    I think he's more in line with Gallagher sans the watermelons.
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    Hey Dangit!!!

like Jesus?
    I think he's more in line with Gallagher sans the watermelons.
    I like to think of myself as a Zack Galifianakis without the beard....
    I have no idea who that is, so I'll just cede the point over to you.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I have no idea who that is, so I'll just cede the point over to you.
    If I am not mistaken, he is the bearded guy in "The Hangover"... correct me if I am wrong here Lassy
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Just turned over 3600 posts ...damn I think I've fluffed enough !!!
    clearlysuspect:
    4 years served honorably in the United States Navy......
    2 years spent supporting the Marine Corp with test and evaluation on the V-22 Osprey......
    2 years spent in local committees designing Human Rights agendas, collegiate scholarships for standout youth, and fair representation of the common worker......
    Thousands of lives affected.......

And next Friday, one woman gets to determine whether I get to keep my job or not. All because someone somewhere decided that my job was a "Position of Public Trust" and George W. Bush decided to enact an executive order which draws out suitability and unsuitability to hold these positions.

Oh, one more number for you.... 68.....

68 good, knowledgable, experienced, hardworking aircraft mechanics and operations support personnel dismissed from their careers this year at Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland because one woman, who couldn't tell you what an airplane looks like, decided they were unsuitable. What a shame.

Thats disturbing as he_ll .....IMHO of course ...
    20!!!!!! on a roll now boys!
    firetruckguy:
    20!!!!!! on a roll now boys!

who the he_ll is working on the firetrucks while your here running up 2.5 posts a month ...dammit man ...get a life ! ;)
    I need to fluff about 650 more posts and put on a good 5000 post contest. Time to start thinking up ideas now.
    j0z3r:
    I need to fluff about 650 more posts and put on a good 5000 post contest. Time to start thinking up ideas now.

Free cigars , booze and women at Joe's house !!!....whoops ...I'm sorry ...was that inappropriate ...my bad ...