Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Royal Brigade

I was real excited about smoking this one! The hype states that a similar cigar, Gurkha Centurian was made for the Sultan of Brunei, the price of the Royal Brigade listed as $15, and it was full bodied, like I enjoy, and it was part of package Gurkha sampler. Two days after ordering, I quickly received the sampler and the following day smoked it. From that point, EVERYTHING went downhill! The cigar had a very tight draw, no taste lingered except a minor bite, it was flavorless, and to make matters worse, before the cigar wasw a 1/3rd done, it started to seriously unravel...the wrapper was coming off, and it was cracking! I couldn't even smoke it any more. What a disappointment as well as disaster.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    that sucks. I actually had a really good experience with this cigar. This is one of the few that I like from Gurkha
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    man let it rest.
  • duh...it's a feedback forum...don't understand your post.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    He means let it rest for a week or longer before you smoke it, let it acclimate to your himidor and you'll be more likely to have a good experience with it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    platinum:
    duh...it's a feedback forum...don't understand your post.

Omg I laughed so hard when I read this...

What I mean is (like Cabi has so graciously stated... thanks Cabi) let it sit in your humidor. Let the tobacco even out as far as humidity is concerned.
    It should help with the burn issues.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO!!
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Ditto...Let it rest!!! Hannibal why you jerkin his chain...lol
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    that sucks. I actually had a really good experience with this cigar. This is one of the few that I like from Gurkha
    I really liked this one as well.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Thanks guys! LMAO I got a good chuckle reading this thread! I also am a big fan of the Royal Brigade. I had a few perfectos from Duty when he was around on here and they were great. Didn't have any major burn issues and the draw on them was fantastic. The Centurian was another great perfecto from Gurkha that I really enjoy. I need to try the Legend perfectos also... Their cigars seem to do well in this vitola.