Home General Discussion

Best creamy mild cigars?

Hey folks, I'm looking for the ideal creamy Connecticut type cigar. A lot of the one's I've heard recommended - Nub CT, 5 Vegas gold, etc. - I haven't tried, so I'm wondering what's a really good one to try next. Mild body, very tasteful creamy type taste is what I'm looking for. I have a vision of the ideal cigar and I'm hoping to find it ;) lol. Any recommendations?

Comments

• bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    The ones you mentioned, and the Camacho Conn, Patel Conn, and Oliva Conn Reserve.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I don't smoke a ton of mild cigar but when I do I usually grab a Verdadero Organic or a Rocky Patel Connecticut. Lots of flavor in both.
  • Corymc23Corymc23 Posts: 31
    I really enjoyed the Ashton cabinet series robusto... To say the least it was amazing
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    +1 for Ashton, but my vote is for the Ashton Classic. Perdomo 10th Reserve Champagne is a mild-medium, creamy cigar. Perdomo ESV '91 Conn is more medium but also creamy and delicious. Montesino is another good one. Cusano 18 Double Connecticut is one of the creamiest cigars I've had. Gurkha Symphony is another nice mild and creamy cigar. Toraño Casa Toraño is delicious and mild, not so creamy but loads of flavor.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    RP Vintage 1999

RP Signature

Carlos Torano 1916 (with some age)

"Long ashes my friends."

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If price isn't an issue, Davidoff makes one of the smoothest cigars you can buy; Macanudo or Monte Cristo White are also very smooth/mild, but less expensive (still quite pricey though)
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Krieg:
    RP Vintage 1999

RP Signature

Carlos Torano 1916 (with some age)
    +1
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    Thanks for all the tips! I've tried the Ashton Classic a couple of times and am a big fan, but it's a bit pricey for me to have it as more than an occasional thing. Same with the Avo #2 (which I plan to try soon) and the Davidoffs (I plan to smoke one with my friend the night after we graduate in May, but it's only a special occasion cigar lol). Anyone else has a tip for that one great, tasty mild cigar, keep em coming!
  • I agree with those that mentioned Nub, Oliva CT and Rocky Patel CT. In addition, I'd recommend the CCOM Purple Label. I was shocked by how creamy it tasted.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    I like the RP Connecticut and the Gurkha Park Ave
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'll second the Perdomo ESV, Montesino, and Montecristo White, and add the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real. The Connecticut version of the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio is another good choice, but it's in the Davidoff price range.

I feel like I'm forgetting something. Maybe it'll come to me.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    La Aurora Preferido Gold. That's what it was. That one's kinda spendy, too, though.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Just a heads up that ccom had a weekend blitz deal with the Verdadero Organic. All boxes were 49.99. I'm sure if you called they will still give you that price.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I have to throw the Gran Habano #1 in there.

• martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Macanudo Gold Label i used to smoke the Hampton Court tubos a while back. loved them
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    So far creamy sticks is all I've been smoking since I started.

Nub conn.
    Predomo Reserve 10th Champange (had this Sat. night)
    Waiting in zip lock bags until I get my Humi.
    RP conn (compliments to Russ)
  • niz33niz33 Posts: 83
    I love my Montecristo White and my Avo's
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Carlos Torano 1916, CCOM Cameroon Label, CCOM Blue Label, Montecristo White, Rocky Patel Signature.

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    oh man, Montecristo has been on my list of cigars to smoke since the start, yet to have one though. Just gonna wait for it until I come across one. Heard good things about those
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    +1 on the AVO and also the CAO Gold is a good mild.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    RP Signature, Gurkha Park Avenue, Verdadero Organic, Nub CT
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    CAO gold, 5V gold(really great on value), Gurkah Park Avenue, all mild favs of mine.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    CAO Gold, 5 Vegas Gold = GREAT ! Also RP Conn.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    j0z3r:
    Cusano 18 Double Connecticut is one of the creamiest cigars I've had. .
    +1 on that...I love that cigar. You cannot go wrong with it.
  • AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    I like the Ashton and the Griffin Prestige. I find them to be very mild and creamy.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta vote for the Verdadero and theOccidental reserve by AB
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    The RP signature in my opinion is better than the RP Conn. Probably my favorite mild. I also like the Avo #2.