Home General Discussion

solid cedar humidor

has anyone ever seen a solid spanish cedar humidor?? ive only seed humidors lined with cedar but actually constructed of other woods. Interested to see if there are any solid cedar humi's out there, But maybe somehow finshed on the outside?

Comments

• TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    I have one, a 300 count, I made it for long term storage, work like a charm, very stable
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I think Davidoff makes humidors made of solid oak or cedar
  • NightHawkNightHawk Posts: 247
    I can picture it like a solid cedar cabinet or box of cigars, rather than many boxed which are just lined with cedar.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    NightHawk:
    has anyone ever seen a solid spanish cedar humidor?? ive only seed humidors lined with cedar but actually constructed of other woods. Interested to see if there are any solid cedar humi's out there, But maybe somehow finshed on the outside?
    I'm sure cost prohibits making a solid humidor out of Spanish cedar. I'm guessing it's cheaper just to line the humidor with it. These days it's harder and harder to find "quality" items that are built to last. Of couse this is just a general observation.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it would smell amazing. I wish my whole house smelled like cedar.
    Light 'em up.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    I wish my whole house was a humidor.
    Russ55:
    JCizzle:
    Hmmmmm...
    Light 'em up.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Russ55:
    JCizzle:
    Ewww really? I could not live in perpetual 70 degrees aNd 70% humidity... unless it was in Cuba..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I love lighting cigars with cedar sleeves, because the smell of burning cedar (that pungent, sweet smell) is one of my favorite things in the world.
    docbp87:
    I love lighting cigars with cedar sleeves, because the smell of burning cedar (that pungent, sweet smell) is one of my favorite things in the world.
    Me too. When I got my humidor in the mail, I left the box that it came in on my desk at work and it smelled like cedar for weeks.
    Light 'em up.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    I think Davidoff makes humidors made of solid oak or cedar
    they do the opposite of what most humidors do.
    most humidors are some other wood with a cedar lining on the inside.
    Davidoff is solid Spanish Cedar with a shell on the outside of some other wood to make it look good.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    docbp87:
    wait...what? Are you saying you burn the cedar too? I assume you take it off the cigar first...do you light the cigar with the cedar wrap???
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    docbp87:
    wait...what? Are you saying you burn the cedar too? I assume you take it off the cigar first...do you light the cigar with the cedar wrap???
    yes, the wrap can be used to light the cigar. you need to take the tape off first.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    I would imagine having some sort of a shell for the spanish cedar would be ideal as it would absorb humidity from inside the box and release it outside of the box without it.
  • Hey people I found this humidor maker in Italy. CEDAR HUMIDOR IT .
    Only solid cedar production (all aprts) with clima control also.
    Expansive humidor but high level and full made in Italy.
    web info www.cedar-humidor.it

bye
    emi