Home General Discussion

How many cigars do you smoke a day?

I am wondering where I rank concerning the number of cigars smoked a day compared to other folks on this board.
I usually smoke three a day...one AM, one noonish and one around dusk.

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    3 to 5 per week, smoking only on Fri, Sat and Sun.
    Been able to stick to that since late last year (when I started in the hobby again.)
    Been tempted to have a mid-week smoke, but it doesn't really fit - I workout 4 to 5 days week, try to maintain a healthy lifestyle, have a full to crazy full work week schedule......there really isn't time to smoke until Fri evening quite frankly....................maybe that's good..................and that might change when I retire..................in 15 years..............can't wait!!

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm at probably 3-5 per week on average as well... depends on the weather and workload... when the Giants are in town, I smoke less because I am at the ballpark from 3pm-11pm usually... but when they are on the road, I have about 5-6 per week...
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    One...and not everyday.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    4/day. Sometimes more.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Usually 3 sometimes the odd 4th...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two. Sometimes 3, sometimes 1, rarely none.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    1-5, generally 2. Today may be a 1 cigar day with how slow this Illusione MJ12 is burning.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Maybe once every week/two weeks! Sux, but I hate being rushed smoking.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    3, one following each meal. If up late, 4.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    Now that I am taking online courses for a webdesign degree and have to read most nights I smoke one a night during the week while I read and weekends I might smoke 3 a day depends on the mood and how hung over I am.
  • Usually 3-Mild then medium finish day with full.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i smoke whatever is good for that day. some days are 3 cigar days.
    some are zero cigar days
    its very hit or miss.
  • jbraslinsjbraslins Posts: 57
    Being totally new to this, I been averaging 3 a week. Basically i smoke one every 2nd evening. I think I'll try to keep it that way.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to get in 3-4 during the week and possibly 2-3 on the weekends..all depends on what time I get home from work and what I have going on with the family..it just varies.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    So, as you may have gathered from the variety of responses so far it really depends on the day most of the time. Some days I will smoke none, my high water mark has been four (on a couple of VERY rare occasions), most days it falls somewhere in between.

• MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    I'm usually 2-4 a week. Sometimes more but not often. And I very rarely smoke more than one a day. Usually I only smoke more than one in a single day if I'm out at my local B&M.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I have to say I fall into the 3-8 per week category. Just depends on goofy schedule, hot weather, and the mood of the family.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I'm currently at the 3 - 5 per week mark. I work four ten hour shifts a week, so the days I work are pretty busy, but I get one in there when I can. I try to get one on each of my days off, however.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm at 1 a week right now. I never smoke more than 2 a day - it just kills my taste buds. Some weeks I have 3 and some none so my average is 1 week tops.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Usually 2 a day during the week, weekends are 3 a day. Going on vacation for 3 weeks starting Sat, maybe time to kick it up a notch.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Typically one a day on work days. On days off, up to 3 throughout the day/evening.
  • kingtimkingtim Posts: 18
    Interesting question and responses. I am currently between 3 and 5 per day. Way too much. I am trying to change that and focus on quality rather than quantity. Someones signature says something about smoking because you want to and not because you feel you have to and I am trying to get to that point. One a day or less fits well into my budget so that is where I want to be.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    once a week maybe in the weekdays two more but not often
  • One every other day.. Sometimes every day. This past week has been just one the other night. Been too busy i guess.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I don't smoke every day, so I'm going to say three to five a week. Most I've ever smoked in one day is three, normally the third cigar being completely unnecessary. I don't know how some of you guys can smoke three to five a day! That's quite a time committment, one I certainly can't make.
  • scotchiescotchie Posts: 2
    I didn't smoke at all until about three years after I retired in 2007.
    WEll, that isn't totally true. In my younger days I smoked a pipe off and on.
    I started smoking cigars about a year ago to pass the time while relaxing on my back patio.
    Three a day may be too many, but hell, I am going to be 70 next year, and they may not allow smoking in Heaven.
    Heck, I don't even call two or three a week smoking.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ah, well more power to you sir. Sounds like retirement is treating you well. I'm a ways off, by about 30 years!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    JudoChinX:
    I'm currently at the 3 - 5 per week mark. I work four ten hour shifts a week, so the days I work are pretty busy, but I get one in there when I can. I try to get one on each of my days off, however.
    Reason # 5,286 why I love my job - usually when we have a staff meeting at my little office (3 of us), we have it in front of an open bay door with a fan behind us & its a combination meeting / herf. Life is GOOD! :-)

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    JudoChinX:
    Reason # 5,286 why I love my job - usually when we have a staff meeting at my little office (3 of us), we have it in front of an open bay door with a fan behind us & its a combination meeting / herf. Life is GOOD! :-)

Y'all hiring?
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    madurofan:
    The Sniper:
    JudoChinX:

Y'all hiring?
    Ooo, a guy by the name of Madurofan. I have to get acquainted with this guy :). I have about 5 a week. 1-2 Mondays, 2-3 Wed, Friday and Sat maybe 1 depending on schedule. I don't smoke at my house so I head to the B&M or go walk the dogs to have a cigar.