Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Christmas Pipe Tobacco

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone here have any Christmas or Holiday Blend pipe tobacco they might want to trade for cigars?

Looking for sealed tins of:
McClelland Holiday Spirit any year
McClelland Christmas Cheer any year
Peterson Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Peterson Christmas Blend
Samuel Gawith Christmas Blend

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I have any, but as I am a pipe smoker as well, I frequent a shop in Estes Park that hand blends stuff. Next time I'm in is there anything I can keep my eye out that you typically enjoy?? I'd be happy to pick something up for you if you give me a heads up -- Jarman
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about picking up a pipe or two. Worth it?
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy my pipe in the fall and winter. You aren't committing to an hour or more to smoke. The aroma and flavors are great IMO. I love the aromatics. I have some samples of non aromatics and boy do they smell smokey, woody, and leathery. Almost scared to try them. MY favorites are anything that is Holiday or Christmas Blend. They usually have an incredible flavor.
    jsnake:
    I really enjoy my pipe in the fall and winter. You aren't committing to an hour or more to smoke. The aroma and flavors are great IMO. I love the aromatics. I have some samples of non aromatics and boy do they smell smokey, woody, and leathery. Almost scared to try them. MY favorites are anything that is Holiday or Christmas Blend. They usually have an incredible flavor.
    I saw some affordable pipes over at JR thats what got me thinking. Well hmmmm! Thanks for the info Jake.
    Hard to say since it really is a personal taste thing. I will say this however, I quite cigarettes a while ago after 6 years of 2 packs a day. Constantly got complaints about the smell nasty looks in public etc etc, and really got tired of the smell myself and the nasty ash taste that was always left on your palate. Not nearly as bad but still similar results with cigars (in terms of constantly getting nagged at for the smell/"dirty" habit). Not ONE complaint EVER from any person about smell, or anything whenever I smoke a pipe... and I live just outside of Boulder, CO one of the most liberal and self-acclaimed "healthy" cities in the USA. The smoke is much lighter than a cigar, but generally much cooler and a little smoother. Surely is sweeter so long as you aren't always smoking infused cigars. I still get copious amounts of smoke from the pipe. The tobacco is far cheaper (I usually spend about 6-8 bucks for a 2 oz bag). Depending on the size of the pipe the smoke time is normally around 10-15 min. IMO there is no substitution for a killer stick, but I enjoy it regardless. Normally have one in the car on the way to work, one on my break around 1 pm, and a final smoke on the way home from work. But it still doesn't compare to a fine torpedo on the back porch watching the sunset on a great Colorado Fall night. Just my 2 cents -- Jarman
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    A corncob pipe is a good way to start. They are cheap so if it isn't your thing you haven't invested a bunch of cash. I only have a corncob pipe for now and it is great.
    bump it
    Next time you guys pop into your local if you wouldn't mind checking for those tins I listed in the first post I would appreciate it. I could send money or we could work out a cigar trade.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    i have to walk by the pipes and tobacco to get to my locker at the b&m. never botherd to slow down and look at anything. ill take a look this weekend.
    415:
    i have to walk by the pipes and tobacco to get to my locker at the b&m. never botherd to slow down and look at anything. ill take a look this weekend.
    Appreciate it buddy.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I have some McClellands christmas cheer but tin is opened..I could send ya some
    I can find the Christmas but I appreciate the offer.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    PM sent.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    no luck at the local b&m
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I'll check mine on Thursday when I get paid, need to get a can of Xikar gas anyways
    Had nothin at my local. I will be checking another.
    None at mine, I will be calling the specialty one in Estes Park today trying to locate, but the local b&m said they might be getting some in mid November or later. I'll keep my eyes peeled and if I can find it I'll just pick it up for you my friend.
    Im still shopping around for a pipe. My local places suck for this.
    What kind of pipe are you looking for? There are good online pipes to be had. I would only buy online if they had a return no questions asked policy and many do. If you have a price range and a style that you are looking for I am sure you could find it without too much difficulty. Some places even have search engines for the pipes they have. All you need to know is your price range.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Listen to this past week's Dog Watch Cigar Radio podcast. They talk about pipes for a decent segment of the show. How the way to go is to get an estate pipe. They clean them and replace the mouthpiece. Great way to get a high quality pipe on the cheap.
    Not all places will replace the stem unless it needs to be replaced, many will not. This is not a big issue, it can be cleaned and as you said many clean them up before reselling. If you are looking high end a replacement stem will significantly decrease the value too, especially if it is not from the same manufacture.
    J.S.:
    What kind of pipe are you looking for? There are good online pipes to be had. I would only buy online if they had a return no questions asked policy and many do. If you have a price range and a style that you are looking for I am sure you could find it without too much difficulty. Some places even have search engines for the pipes they have. All you need to know is your price range.
    Just lookin for something cheap. I think I may have a few options. Lookin at Corncob like Jsnake said.
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    J.S.:
    Not all places will replace the stem unless it needs to be replaced, many will not. This is not a big issue, it can be cleaned and as you said many clean them up before reselling. If you are looking high end a replacement stem will significantly decrease the value too, especially if it is not from the same manufacture.
    I should have prefaced my statement by saying that the full extent of my pipe knowledge is what I listened to on that one podcast earlier this week.
    Cobs are great but they do ghost quickly and you have to be careful not to over smoke them. I would pick up a couple.