Home General Discussion

bigest Ring gauge of cigar

Hi.I look for cigar with the bigest ring gauge. Usually i smok "la aroma de cuba" in size 60/5 Malpensa .

Can you help my what the names and the kinds of cigar in size 64"?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Nub 464, Habano, Cameroon, Connecticut.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Nub Habano also comes in a 466 parejo, and the Nub Cameroon comes in a 466 Box-pressed torpedo.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    RP makes some stuff in a "Sixty" size (6x60)... The Gurkha Beast and Beauty come in at a 58 ring. On the cheaper side, you've got Flor de Oliva Giants (10x66, 5x60, 8x60) Why do you limit yourself to large gauges?
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    If you can find them (I don't think they make them anymore) the Immenso from Perdomo (that should be the name).

I remember that these things came in large ring guages. I can recall up to a 70 ring guage.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    but why?

yeah it burns cooler...
    but the wrapper to filler ratio is so poor. they start to taste washed out.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I was on a kick for the larger ring gauges, but after a while, what Kuzi is referring to is why I have fallen in love with smaller ring gauged cigars. More complexity and more flavor.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    I was on a kick for the larger ring gauges, but after a while, what Kuzi is referring to is why I have fallen in love with smaller ring gauged cigars. More complexity and more flavor.
    i might be on the lower end of the scale on this but I like cigars with a 50 and higher. sure a 48 is okay but any lower than that I'm not a huge fan of. I've smoked a few small gauge cigars and just didn't get the same flavor/enjoyment.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    CAO Sopranos?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    bbc020:
    i might be on the lower end of the scale on this but I like cigars with a 50 and higher. sure a 48 is okay but any lower than that I'm not a huge fan of. I've smoked a few small gauge cigars and just didn't get the same flavor/enjoyment.
    For me, it depends on what the cigar is. I usually like a 52 - 58 but I love the Fuente 8-5-8 and I really like the 1495 1994 Cameroon. For me, sometimes it's not the guage but is the length. I have found that I am not a big fan of the robusto size no matter what the guage. Something about the 4.5 - 5.5 inch. 6 and up I usually smoke. I guess size DOES matter. :-) I need the larger cigars to make up for other shortcomings in my life! LMAO
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    bbc020:
    For me, it depends on what the cigar is. I usually like a 52 - 58 but I love the Fuente 8-5-8 and I really like the 1495 1994 Cameroon. For me, sometimes it's not the guage but is the length. I have found that I am not a big fan of the robusto size no matter what the guage. Something about the 4.5 - 5.5 inch. 6 and up I usually smoke. I guess size DOES matter. :-) I need the larger cigars to make up for other shortcomings in my life! LMAO

I don't think you have to be THAT honest on this forum, but we understand.....jk
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, that's funny.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey bbc... A little to much information.. And on line you should lie in favor of a more positive image. What was Lassies stage name Buck Longhorn ?