Home General Discussion

Kristoff is making a 7x70 Kristania

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
I find this to be an example of, "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

Comments

• blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I just shake my head in disgust as i'm seeing MANY lines releasing this. You're effing kidding me right? 7x70 is so stupid its ridiculous. I've been disgusted with the 6x60 crap, now its getting more ridiculous. Find it really hard to believe the market is demanding this of the manufacturers but eh whatever. I think i've heard a blend by Quesada has done it, and I know those Schizo cheapo sticks have a 7x70.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Maybe manufacturers are intentionally jumping the shark here. Maybe they'll keep releasing bigger until someone's jaw actually breaks or looks in the mirror and realizes it looks like a big fat veiny c*ck and everyone starts reaching for lanceros out of sheer fear and shame.

nah...just marketing...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    I just shake my head in disgust as i'm seeing MANY lines releasing this. You're effing kidding me right? 7x70 is so stupid its ridiculous. I've been disgusted with the 6x60 crap, now its getting more ridiculous. Find it really hard to believe the market is demanding this of the manufacturers but eh whatever. I think i've heard a blend by Quesada has done it, and I know those Schizo cheapo sticks have a 7x70.
    yup, Quesada Oktoberfest Uber 6x65
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Maybe manufacturers are intentionally jumping the shark here. Maybe they'll keep releasing bigger until someone's jaw actually breaks or looks in the mirror and realizes it looks like a big fat veiny c*ck and everyone starts reaching for lanceros out of sheer fear and shame.

nah...just marketing...
    Exactly what I thought..show us your phayllic symbols and be proud fellas!!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Jaime Garcia makes a 5.7x66 Reserva Especial, which I picked up one day at my B&M and smoked. While the flavor profile was good as to be expected with a JG, it didn't burn well at all. I was constantly touching it up and having to relight it. A 70 gauge just sounds like to much trouble than it's worth.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I'll be ordering 27 boxes!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Place i stopped by yesterday had a cheapo 8x70 cigar... the thing was completely outrageous!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Monica Lewinsky favorite vitola
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One retailer that we all avoid has a stick they call the "Emperador", that measures a gargantuan 15" x 70 ring ...and people smoke it and post pics of them smoking it!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Monica Lewinsky favorite vitola
    you beat me to it, ha ha
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the Meaner Digger from LFD? 10X60.... It is a store exclusive tho.... which makes it a "little" better.... I mean... lil
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nahhh .... this one's just pure marketing hype....

Personally I'd hold out for the (I'm making this up but wouldn't be surprised to actually see it) Limited Edition 8x80, now that would be a true collector's gem right there. Might want to buy a few boxes of such an awesome smoke....

/sarcasm

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Not sure what all the fuss is. I enjoy 6x60's regularly. If I'm going to pay the money for a cigar I'm going to get the most bang for the buck. The MUWAT by Drew Estate is 7x60 and quite good. Burns well and tastes good all the way down. 7x70...can't wait to try it!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of those huge jawbreakers you get at the candy store in the mall. The white ones with little colored specks on them. You could lick on those things for days (yeah yeah thats what she said.) Great in theory but just not practical.

How long does a 7x70 take to smoke? 3 hours? 3 and 1/2 hours?
  • takes me 1.5 hours to smoke a 7x60...so probably about 2 hours. My buddy smoked a 8x60 in 45 minutes.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Jasonc1982:
    Not sure what all the fuss is. I enjoy 6x60's regularly. If I'm going to pay the money for a cigar I'm going to get the most bang for the buck. The MUWAT by Drew Estate is 7x60 and quite good. Burns well and tastes good all the way down. 7x70...can't wait to try it!
    hhhhhmmmmmmmm you will learn one day....that is all
    Money can't buy taste
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    One retailer that we all avoid has a stick they call the "Emperador", that measures a gargantuan 15" x 70 ring ...and people smoke it and post pics of them smoking it!
    It should be called the Penetrator,,,lmao
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Jasonc1982:
    Not sure what all the fuss is. I enjoy 6x60's regularly. If I'm going to pay the money for a cigar I'm going to get the most bang for the buck. The MUWAT by Drew Estate is 7x60 and quite good. Burns well and tastes good all the way down. 7x70...can't wait to try it!
    hhhhhmmmmmmmm you will learn one day....that is all
    +1 ... It takes me about an hours to smoke a Corona and about 1.5 hours to smoke a Toro or Lancero. I cant imagine a 60RG taking less then 2 hours.

I find most 60RG flavor profiles to be..... lacking. Its just filler. No wrapper or binder flavor... IMHO
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I'm the same way, you gotta slow down and savor the flavor Jason. A corona takes me and hour to smoke, robusto about an hour and fifteen or more. You'll notice the flavors are better when you puff slower on most sticks. Not all maybe, but smoking too fast produces bitter nasty flavors. You will be a Jedi master soon padawan.
    to each his own. not a fan of the 7x70, but anybody who thinks the large ring gauges dont have a place (sub 60) is crazy. I dont under stand the 60+ rg's but 56 is not a jawbreaker by any means.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do enjoy some 6x60 sticks. I think a 70 gage would just feel wierd.
    agreed. it does get kinda out of this world and beyond enjoyment at times. i do think a 6x60 has a place.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    My jaw hurts thinking about a 70 sized cigar.
  • Um....Why???
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    CigarMan37:
    Um....Why???
    Its a freaking huge ringed cigar.