Home Ratings & Reviews

Rip's Cigar Journal

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Your welcome Rudy. Sometime we miss some elements when we smoke a cigar the first time. It is always a good idea to smoke at lest 2-3 cigars before we determine our like or dislike of a cigar. Please share you opinion when you smoke the second. I am really curious.
    The Kid:
    Thanks for the review
    Tried this very stick little over a year ago, was underwhelmed and didnt think it warranted the price tag. May give it another shot as I only tried the one.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I agree, Plus my palate has evolved since last time I tried it, so your review has definately inspired me to give one another go.

Cohiba Pyramid Extra is an addition to the Linea Clasica of Cohiba. This vitola includes a new Cohiba band with innovative design and security elements. Cohiba has 4 different Lines: The L
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Another great review. Thanks for sharing. You helped me make up my mind.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Great review rip, it's a great looking cigar, I hope one day I can try it, hopefully in a few months ;)
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    great reviews as always rip. look forward to the next one.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I'm happy to see that you regained your palate. Good review.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Hey Rip, thanks for the review of the Primer Mundo. Next time I go to Louisville, I intend to pick up some of these.
    rzaman:
    Your welcome Rudy. Sometime we miss some elements when we smoke a cigar the first time. It is always a good idea to smoke at lest 2-3 cigars before we determine our like or dislike of a cigar. Please share you opinion when you smoke the second. I am really curious.
    The Kid:
    Thanks for the review
    Tried this very stick little over a year ago, was underwhelmed and didnt think it warranted the price tag. May give it another shot as I only tried the one.
    Well, just tried another, this one was found in my humi and had a year on it.. This was a very good smoke, so much so I'm beginning to think my memory is failing me.. The first third really stood out and was very flavorfull,, Damnt rip now Im gonna have to get a couple more, purely for experimental reasons,,,,;o)
    P1010457
    Thanks Steve. If you compare the price vs value then Pyramid easily beat the 1966.
    Steve2010:
    Another great review. Thanks for sharing. You helped me make up my mind.
    Thanks Jesus for your kind words.
    big chunks:
    Great review rip, it's a great looking cigar, I hope one day I can try it, hopefully in a few months ;)
    Thanks Rick. It came back pretty well. In fact, I am enjoying cigars more than before LOL.
    beatnic:
    I'm happy to see that you regained your palate. Good review.
    David, your welcome. You will not be disappointed with this cigar.
    JDH:
    Hey Rip, thanks for the review of the Primer Mundo. Next time I go to Louisville, I intend to pick up some of these.
    Hi Rudy, I knew that you would enjoyed it the second time because it is a good cigar. We should always smoke 3-4 cigars to understand its performance. However, at the same time, there are also few cigar can wow us from the first puff but they are very rare. Thanks for sharing the picture.
    The Kid:
    rzaman:
    The Kid:
    Thanks for the review
    Well, just tried another, this one was found in my humi and had a year on it.. This was a very good smoke, so much so I'm beginning to think my memory is failing me.. The first third really stood out and was very flavorfull,, Damnt rip now Im gonna have to get a couple more, purely for experimental reasons,,,,;o)
    P1010457
    rzaman:
    Hi Rudy, I knew that you would enjoyed it the second time because it is a good cigar. We should always smoke 3-4 cigars to understand its performance. However, at the same time, there are also few cigar can wow us from the first puff but they are very rare. Thanks for sharing the picture.
    The Kid:
    rzaman:
    The Kid:
    Thanks for the review
    P1010457
    And there are some cigars that are just dogs. I guess it also comes down to $$ when some cigars are at a certain pricepoint I dont feel lthat it should warrant an expenditure of 3 or 4 to determine if its a keeper. But I do agree on trying more than one if possible. WIth that being said, after I read your review I was really excited about trying another.. I'm really wondering now if I tried a differnt blend. I dont take notes anymore (something I used to do) so I may have mistakenly presented my opinion. I'll try not to do that again especially if I only have one sampling under my belt. Thanks again for the review without which I wouldnt have focused on the cigar and now keeping an eye open for more.

San Crist
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    As usual, excellent review brother!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Hey Rip, SCdlH has been on my radar for quite some time, but sadly I've yet to try one. I've been wanting to order some... so my question is this for ya... what regular production vitola do you think is the best out of thia line? I know a lot of folks like the belicoso (La Punta I think). Is that a solid choice in your opinion? …

Great review, btw!
    Thanks for your kind words Rich.
    rburke1129:
    As usual, excellent review brother!
    Hi Todd, SCDLH is a great cigar. Some people are missing the unique taste and flavors because of the fame of Cohiba and some other popular brands. I know many smokers like La Punta. In my opinion, if you want Cuban belicoso size then go for Montecristo No.2, Robina Unicos, Partagas Series P No. 2 or the recent Cohiba Pyramides Extra.

In my opinion, the top SCDLH regular line cigar is – El Principe not the La Punta. If you can find anything thing from 2004 or 2008 release then you are the winner. SCDLH is a slow item so there is a chance to find them. Good luck!
    BigT06:
    Hey Rip, SCdlH has been on my radar for quite some time, but sadly I've yet to try one. I've been wanting to order some... so my question is this for ya... what regular production vitola do you think is the best out of thia line? I know a lot of folks like the belicoso (La Punta I think). Is that a solid choice in your opinion? …

Great review, btw!
  • jeep edsonjeep edson Posts: 826
    wow rip. another beautiful write up. i can't wait for it to be a cigar i have in my collection so i can see if i taste any of the things you mention. you have a hell of a pallate my friend. just to be able to pick up all those flavors is actually amazing.
    rzaman:
    Hi Todd, SCDLH is a great cigar. Some people are missing the unique taste and flavors because of the fame of Cohiba and some other popular brands. I know many smokers like La Punta. In my opinion, if you want Cuban belicoso size then go for Montecristo No.2, Robina Unicos, Partagas Series P No. 2 or the recent Cohiba Pyramides Extra.

In my opinion, the top SCDLH regular line cigar is – El Principe not the La Punta. If you can find anything thing from 2004 or 2008 release then you are the winner. SCDLH is a slow item so there is a chance to find them. Good luck!
    BigT06:

Great review, btw!
    Thanks for the advice Rip. I will give the el Principe a try. I already have the other belicosos you suggested (except the new Cohiba) and enjoy them all very much. The San Cristobal is what I'm really interested in currently. Thanks again!
  • I had no idea this blend existed. Though the only San Cristobal I like is the original.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Todd...I'd be down for a split on mercaderes...
    catfishbluezz:
    Todd...I'd be down for a split on mercaderes...
    PM me the details and we'll get it working!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Great write-up as usual, Rip. The SCDLH is at the top of my radar as well. I'm looking forward to having some El Principe in the cooler some day, I've read nothing but positive things about them.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I grabbed a box of the Principes last year. Not ready yet but I still enjoy opening the box and smelling it every now and then. And the SCdlH's are really dark usually. Can't wait until they're ready in a few years.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    I grabbed a box of the Principes last year. Not ready yet but I still enjoy opening the box and smelling it every now and then. And the SCdlH's are really dark usually. Can't wait until they're ready in a few years.
    Those are dang good! Got a box resting as well, can't wait.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Haven't been on all that much but I'm happy your keeping up the reviews! Very stunning and a true pleasure to keep reading on your experiences. Thanks for keeping all of our butts on the edge of our seats!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I think I will have to start breaking some laws. I drool every time I read one of your reviews. Don't stop.