Home General Discussion

Bovida packets???

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
I stumbled upon these things and they look great if their legit..... anyone use them here? Feedback?
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I have used the hygrometer calibration pack, and I tried out the humidor seasoning packs. They both worked great! I know a few guys here use the humidity packs and say they are pretty spot on. I have been considering getting some for the coolidor I am setting up but I have not decided what to use in there yet. If you have a smaller humi you might get a couple and see how they work out, I doubt you will be dissapointed.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The calibration kit is spot on. The seasoning packs however take way too much time for my liking.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The only thing I don't like about Boveda packs is that you have to change them every 2-3 months...which means buying more. I like my beads, just spritz them with water and they're good to go. The packs do work fine though, nothing to complain about.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, guys.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    These things are the HEAT man. I really should be compensated by Boveda for as many people as I've turned on to these. They are all I use. They are awsome. Drop in , forget . repeat every 10 weeks . Can't possibly get any simpler . I use the 69's and my humi's all stay between 67 and 70 and thats cool with me . I love 'em !!! Did I mention I LOVE "EM !!!
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    gmill880:
    These things are the HEAT man. I really should be compensated by Boveda for as many people as I've turned on to these. They are all I use. They are awsome. Drop in , forget . repeat every 10 weeks . Can't possibly get any simpler . I use the 69's and my humi's all stay between 67 and 70 and thats cool with me . I love 'em !!! Did I mention I LOVE "EM !!!
    So your trying to say you like them? Your response is a little foggy! lol
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    JZ:
    gmill880:
    So your trying to say you like them? Your response is a little foggy! lol

Hahaha ...thats what happens when I post while drinking !!!
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    The only thing I don't like about Boveda packs is that you have to change them every 2-3 months...which means buying more. I like my beads, just spritz them with water and they're good to go. The packs do work fine though, nothing to complain about.
    Help me out with the "beads" please. I've never used them. I know some people love them. What kind do you use? How much room do they take up ( I have a 150ct. Humi w/ approx 110 sticks)? Oh I have used the Boveda packets but they do get expensive if you need more than 2 for your Humi. Right now I just use the regulator w/ some water pillows. I stay between 66%-69%.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    that just about sums it up right there.
    KCW:
    j0z3r:
    Help me out with the "beads" please. I've never used them. I know some people love them. What kind do you use? How much room do they take up ( I have a 150ct. Humi w/ approx 110 sticks)? Oh I have used the Boveda packets but they do get expensive if you need more than 2 for your Humi. Right now I just use the regulator w/ some water pillows. I stay between 66%-69%.
    the beads are made by these guys:
    http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/

they should much of the info you crave.
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    j0z3r:

Great. Thanks. Last question(s) (I think). What rh% do you use and how consistent are they?
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I use them in combination with the beads..they do need to be replaced every 2-3 months> My thinking was that winter and lower humidity would require help for my existing humidification. My humidity currently hovers from 65-70%....They do work.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    The calibration kit is spot on. The seasoning packs however take way too much time for my liking.
    I have just used the one for the calibration. Works like a champ!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I now use the packs now to the exclusion of all else. I got tired of water, solution, pucks, gels, beads and the hassle. The packs are so reliable I barely even use/need my hygrometers anymore. Great product.
  • haywood5150haywood5150 Posts: 35
    I use the Bovida packets for seasoning my humidors and to travel. I like the Bovida packets for simplicity when I travel, but can't bring myself to buy new packets every 2-3 months when my heartfelt beads are a one-time purchase.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    KCW:
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    j0z3r:

Great. Thanks. Last question(s) (I think). What rh% do you use and how consistent are they?
    You can pick up the same beads for about half the price Here...and they come with a mesh bag.

Personally I go with the 70% beads, they hold my humidity withing the range I like...others like the 65% beads...I guess it all comes down to what's going to work best for you, for example the 70% beads work good for me because the humidity is relatively low where I live, if you live in a more humid area the 65% would be the way to go.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    The beads previously mentioned by joz3r are the same beads i use except i use the 65% and my coolidor stays between 65-68% which is perfect for me ....... also on a side note there was a post before that these beads were out before the heartfeldt industries beads and in fact are one in the same ..... namebrand vs. innovator used for an entirely different application then used for said application ..... you can go even cheaper as some other guys here us the kitty litter/ pearls ...... they are even cheaper but i dont like the idea of that ....
    KCW:
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    j0z3r:

i use 65% beads. there is a very small learning curve (and if you have a hard time the forum at large can help) but after you get the hang of it they are fantastic. my RH never leaves 65%
    smooth burn every time.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    kuzi16:
    KCW:
    j0z3r:

i use 65% beads. there is a very small learning curve (and if you have a hard time the forum at large can help) but after you get the hang of it they are fantastic. my RH never leaves 65%
    smooth burn every time.
    You may also want to check out these folks. I and a few others around the forums came across these a few months ago. These are Museum quality beads and they are like half the price of the beads from Hearftfelt Industries. These also come in 65% and 70%. Check them out...

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=ACC-CONSERVAGEL
    You guys are the best! Thanks!!! Keith
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    You may also want to check out these folks. I and a few others around the forums came across these a few months ago. These are Museum quality beads and they are like half the price of the beads from Hearftfelt Industries. These also come in 65% and 70%. Check them out...

Ya know, I've seen this mentioned multiple times on here, but never bothered to check it out. HOLY COW - I'm definitely buying my beads here in the future.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    laker1963:

Ya know, I've seen this mentioned multiple times on here, but never bothered to check it out. HOLY COW - I'm definitely buying my beads here in the future.
    Just ordered 1/2 lb. Let's see.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    KCW:
    Hays:
    laker1963:

Been using them for a few months...they work great.
    laker1963:
    KCW:
    Hays:
    laker1963:

Good to know. Thanks for that. There on the way. Here's how I plan on using them. I took the sponge out of a (spare) regulator and plan on putting the mesh bag in it and reinstalling in the humi. Any thoughts anyone?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    KCW:
    laker1963:
    KCW:
    Hays:
    laker1963:

Good to know. Thanks for that. There on the way. Here's how I plan on using them. I took the sponge out of a (spare) regulator and plan on putting the mesh bag in it and reinstalling in the humi. Any thoughts anyone?
    If that's what you call that hockey puck looking thing used for humidification then yes I did the same thing. I didn't use a mesh bag but it works perfect to hold the beads. It's actually good because the black background gives you an idea of when you will need to add more water. Been in use since late summer & if you need to hide them just put the cover back on & you have your sexy looking humi back to show off.