Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The "I just passed 1,800 posts without noticing" contest WINNERS!

yep... i didn't even notice... not that 1,800 is a big milestone or anything, but I want to spread some love around for a change...

so here is the contest...

The wife and I are taking a trip in early June.
Tell me where we are going and name the 2 locations that are one my personal must visit list?
so I need 3 correct answers and I will give this one hint now and more in the future... I will need a passport to get there...

so we'll go with one guess per clue... and standard rules of participation... over 25 posts and on The List

the first BORK to get the location right will win...
the first BORK to get all 3 right will win AND will be able to name a fellow BORK to be bombed...
oh yeah, that's right... Triple action...

ok... go

Comments

• hey brotha, congrads on hitting the 1800.....very nice as far as ur trip.....im guessing, europe...more specifically.italy.............the leaning tower of pisa....and milan.....( total shot in the dark...without any hints.....lol)....ill be looking forward to hints
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Iam going with rome and the basilica and the collosseum
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Nassau Bahamas
    Graycliff
    Casa de los Habanos
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    yep... i didn't even notice... not that 1,800 is a big milestone or anything, but I want to spread some love around for a change...

so here is the contest...

The wife and I are taking a trip in early June.
    Tell me where we are going and name the 2 locations that are one my personal must visit list?
    so I need 3 correct answers and I will give this one hint now and more in the future... I will need a passport to get there...

so we'll go with one guess per clue... and standard rules of participation... over 25 posts and on The List

the first BORK to get the location right will win...
    the first BORK to get all 3 right will win AND will be able to name a fellow BORK to be bombed...
    oh yeah, that's right... Triple action...

ok... go
    I'm gonna guess Cancun and that cigar place down there that sells Cubans...can't remember the name damn...i think its "Casa Del Habano"

"Long ashes my friends."

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    France - Eiffel Tower and the Louvre (and thats where Im going in April!)
  • Im going to go with Australia. Sydney and Great Barrier Reef
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Fourtotheflush:
    France - Eiffel Tower and the Louvre (and thats where Im going in April!)
    we did that in September for the Honeymoon... depending on how long you're gonna be there, give the louvre 2 days... and hit the Impressionist Museum that is down the street... far less crowded and for me (not a big art guy) the pieces were more recognizable... Also, get the museum pass... it's money in the bank for sure... and you usually get your own line to get in...
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    The Great Wall (**** Mongowrians), Forbidden City, and the Temple of Heaven.
    no right answers yet...
  • Scotland. Scotland. and Scotland. The land of milk and honey. If you think S malt is milk and constant rain as honey.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Thailand
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I'm going to say the Dominican Republic and you will be visiting the Cuevas Hermanos cigar factory, and the Brugal Rum Factory.
    And if this isn't correct... why not? Sounds like a helluva place :)
    laker1963:
    I'm going to say the Dominican Republic and you will be visiting the Cuevas Hermanos cigar factory, and the Brugal Rum Factory.
    man... i wish... that sounds pretty awesome... but alas, it is incorrect... although one of the destinations is on the right track
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    robbyras:
    laker1963:
    man... i wish... that sounds pretty awesome... but alas, it is incorrect... although one of the destinations is on the right track
    Well I still think I should win for coming up with what WOULD BE the perfect place for you to go. This is actually a trip I hope to make in the next year or two. We should try to get a CCOM group trip to a place like the DR. I know there has been talk of it already but last I heard it was kind of on hold.

With enough time for planning and to allow for anyone who wanted to join in and save some $$$ for it, I think it would be a BLAST!

Maybe after I come back from holidays this year I will start to work on something to that end. Have a good time wherever you are going Russ.
  • I say you were inspired by Kuzi and want to go to Nicaragua, the two must would be AJ Fernandez factory and the Oliva factory.

ha... keep in mind that my wife is going to be there too... she doesn't smoke...

ok, so a clue would be that this is NOT a Spanish speaking country...
    What is Bali, Indonesia. Climb Mt. Agung & visit Ubud
  • amsterdam, the redlight district, and the local shops for the experience!!!
    nope, not yet... I'm not sure how to give more clues without getting too obvious...hmmm... It's a European country
  • Germany, Nurenberg and Berlin
    Ireland visit Blarney Castle and Dublin
    nikostewart:
    Ireland visit Blarney Castle and Dublin
    WOOOORD! We have the country down... and we'll be flying in to Dublin and staying in Barneycastle which is not the same thing...

ok, so we have one winner... now we need to 2 location
    NICE!!! Now what would I do if I was there?
    nikostewart:
    i'm guessing you can come up with these 2 locations
    robbyras:
    nikostewart:
    I would like to see someone else come up with the two locations
    nikostewart:
    robbyras:
    nikostewart:
    I would like to see someone else come up with the two locations
    good man... but if no one gets it in the next few days, jump back in...
  • 1- The Uragh Stone Circle a Neolithic stone circle in Gleninchaquin Park 2- belfast, where ( samcro) filmed there series........sons of anarchy, awesome show....
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Guinness brewery and Saint Patrick's Cathedral
    wwhwang:
    we're getting close... one of these is right...
  • robbyras:
    wwhwang:
    we're getting close... one of these is right...
    Jameson Distillery Saintpatricks cathedral