Home General Discussion
Options

Oliva Series "V" Maduro

Wasn't there some talk about this cigra recently? I tried to search for a thread but couldn't find anything of subtance. Am I mistaken?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    You're right, there was some discussion of the cigar in the Oliva Thread, but nothing of real depth or substance as I recall. To a degree, I think this cigar is shrouded in a bit of mystery due to its very limited availability and general inaccessibility. Everything I've read about it is glowingly positive though.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Can't remember if I commented. I picked one up from my b/m and I would say it was pretty good but definitely a kick in the pants. Very rich and peppery. I liked it, but at first I would almost say it was a tad overpowering. But all of my smoking experiences recently have been somewhat altered by the cold weather. So I deal with the effects of the weather on the smoke itself, plus the fact that I tend to smoke'em faster to get in from the cold. I can't smoke in the garage because it just fills up the house. Can't wait to move and build one of them there smoking rooms. I did like the V and will be giving it another try when it warms up.
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I had a little thread going in the trade section. Jet came through for me, but I would still like to get my hands on some more. If anyone can get some, I would be interested in trading for them. Ideally I would like to get a box, but I'll take what I can! Thanks.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I recently had this cigar...I tried to wait for warmer weather, but couldn't make it. I will agree with Luko that these are a bit more powerful than the original Vs, but found it to be pretty complex. The one I smoked had a bit of a plug, but it was worked out and the thing took off. I was a bit wobbly afterward, but was a great smoke in my opinion. Sometimes a 'gar buzz is appreciated in my world, especially when it comes from something as rich as this cigar.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Thanks for the replies. I found some and was gonna jump on them. We'll see. I'm trying to hold out a few more days till next month.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I would LOVE to find a couple of the Maduros. I picked up a couple of the Habano wrapped V's last week though and can't wait to try them out!
  • Options
    OK, I ordered a 5 pack.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    These are a very good stick, but need a little more age to them. You can taste some of the amonia still in the stick. I am going to try another one out in about a month. That will give it 3 mo age. I can't wait to see what it will be like after a year on it.
  • Options
    I made a mistake, it wasn't a 5 pack it was a 10 pack. Makes the price seem much better. Got them in today. Gonna give them some time to adjust to the temps before I smoke one.
  • Options
    ~ $8 per stick
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    I made a mistake, it wasn't a 5 pack it was a 10 pack. Makes the price seem much better. Got them in today. Gonna give them some time to adjust to the temps before I smoke one.
    That's pretty good that you were still able to find a whole box. I figured those were long gone.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Damn man, i went ot that site and you must have gotten the last box(showed out of stock) I'm still kissin my b&m's ass for a few more :)
  • Options
    Jetmech_63:
    Damn man, i went ot that site and you must have gotten the last box(showed out of stock) I'm still kissin my b&m's ass for a few more :)
    No joke there. When they fist hit, well even before they shipped, the site I was watching was sold out and had removed the listing within about 5-7 days of posting it. People were really on the ball with this cigar.
  • Options
    I went to a not so local B&M tonight witha friend. They had a couple of boxes but were over $10 a stick. He bought two. I didn't by anything! This place has a lot of Oliva stuff not to mention the new GoF humidor, etc... To far for me to go and pretty expensive. They had the Padron 26 for $40. I've gotten them for $25
  • Options
    $10 is not to bad of getting ripped since MSRP was around $8.00. The maduro was priced higher than the standard V because of the limited selection. If you haven't had one, I would recommend eatting the $2.00 as you would blow it somewhere else anyway.