Home General Discussion
Options

San Diego B&M recomendations

Calling all San Diego BOTLs . . . .

Whats your favorite B&M?

I'm going to be in SD pretty soon here and I wanted to check out the B&M scene. So far, I've been recomended Racine and Laramie in Old Town, Liberty Tobacco in Kearney Mesa, and Churchills Cigar Bar. Probably only going to hit 1 or two spots so . . . . Any thoughts on these? Any other opinions?

Let me know guys thanks

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Headed out the door. I will reply back later tonight. Look up Excalibur Cigar lounge in Claremont Mesa. That place has a great selection.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    when are you going to SD? ill be in SD for a business trip on the 7th-9th,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    R&L is a really cool place located in Old Town (5 miles north of downtown). Think of the old Western movie cigar shop. The guys in there are great and really know their stuff. It has a small indoor smoking area, small.

I've heard great things about Liberty and Churchills but have not been to either. I've been to Excalibur and they have a good selection and what I think are decent prices for a B&M. The Kearny Mesa/Claremont Mesa areas are about 10 minutes north of downtown. If you want to meet up, let me know man.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    lcpleel:
    when are you going to SD? ill be in SD for a business trip on the 7th-9th,
    PM man
  • Options
    james40:
    R&L is a really cool place located in Old Town (5 miles north of downtown). Think of the old Western movie cigar shop. The guys in there are great and really know their stuff. It has a small indoor smoking area, small.

I've heard great things about Liberty and Churchills but have not been to either. I've been to Excalibur and they have a good selection and what I think are decent prices for a B&M. The Kearny Mesa/Claremont Mesa areas are about 10 minutes north of downtown. If you want to meet up, let me know man.
    sweet, thanks for getting back to mes man, pm to you later on tonight . . . . I have a short kid in a hamburger costume who needs me to take him trick or treating at the moment and i gotta run.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    racine and laramie in old town is cool, tiny back room to smoke. churchill cigar lounge is in old town area too, they have a bigger patio setup where people can smoke, with a big tv outside there. they have a nice selection of wine and beers. i really like liberty tobacco on clairemont mesa blvd. they have a patio outside, and inside they have couches and chairs and tvs. i've been in excalibur's humidor, but not their back room to smoke. their walk-in is nice. i believe they also have alchohol there.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the reply's here guys, I ended up being a lot more busy with family obligations than I aniticipated, but my wife and I still managed to sneak out and hit up one of our old favorite spots from college, Casa Guadalejara, and grab a margarita before walking around Old Town and stopping in to Racine and Larime's. Solid spot, I gotta say. I was expected a bit of a cheesy selection but was impressed and walked away with a Kristoff Sumatra Lancero, Kristoff Corojo Lancero, and an undercrown torpedo.

Next time I'm in town I should have more time to able to meet up and herf with a few of you, but thanks for the recomendations.