Home General Discussion

Cigar.com/Cigars International?

Hi, I'm sure this may be a stupid question, but I was just looking for some clarification.  Are ccom and CI the "same" company?  CI just lost me as a customer for life, if Cigar.com is affiliated, I will no longer do business here either.  I'm sure there is someplace that is actually interested in retaining customers and could use the business.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Many posts on this....we are all told they're not related. What happened if I may pry>?
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    if you look at their customer service address, they show as the same
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    theadam:
    Hi, I'm sure this may be a stupid question, but I was just looking for some clarification.  Are ccom and CI the "same" company?  CI just lost me as a customer for life, if Cigar.com is affiliated, I will no longer do business here either.  I'm sure there is someplace that is actually interested in retaining customers and could use the business.

Thanks in advance!

Adam
    To be honest, I'm not sure if they are related or not. But I have seen a major difference in customer service and even quality of sticks from CCOM and CI. I don't really plan on buying again from CI myself, but I'm a lifelong CCOM customer.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    They tell us that there is no relationship, but how can our order history show up in their database if there is no relationship...I believe there may be a large amount of "interaction" within the wholesale area of cigar distribution with a lot of middle level players... But isn't that how large business works?
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I think there was a thread recently clarifying that Ccom and CI are in fact, competitors. As Hawk noted, there may be some overlap in the wholesale/distribution aspect, everything else between Ccom and CI are like night and day. There have been numerous threads praising Ccom's customer service, who goes above and beyond what is expected from ANY company. And while I have noticed that CI's prices are a little bit lower than Ccom, I will gladly give Ccom my business based on the quality of their customer service.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    It's a conspiracy, maaaaaaaan!

I suspect they are related. I don't really care cuz I've had pleasant dealings with both. Although, I wish CI would send out their packs with water pillows like C.com does. No biggie...
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Ccom is the only online site I have ordered from, and from the quality of service I have been consistently getting from them, they will remain my only online source for cigars for a long long time.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I got an answer to the CI question. While there is obviously some relationship they are not the same and they are competitors. Ccom would appreciate us not discussing competitors on the forum. Reasonable to me. Svenson was real nice about it too no attitude or anything. Just let me know the deal.

reference
  • They are 2 different and separate companies but I believe that they are both a subsidiary of Swedish Match. They are definitely competitors though and have an entirely different staff of employees.

• Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Here..Here..with you all the way. Ccom is the very best in my book!!!
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    I don't know the answer but it seems odd to me that they would both use the same address if they're competitors.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a shipping warehouse and is used by many other online cigar retailers. That warehouse drop ships items. I think that is what causes confusion.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    docedwards:
    I don't know the answer but it seems odd to me that they would both use the same address if they're competitors.

It's all far too common among businesses. I work for a World Wide heating and air conditioning company and we literally share the same building AND address with one of our competitors and we share the rest of the block with all the rest of our competitors.

It's all a "Land Lord Leasing/contract game" rather than companies sending employees out to dance around and hold signs on the curb. My company is a lot like Cigar.com in the fact that customers can call and/or place their orders online and we'll ship the product to them. We don't sell retail to the public, so it's not like someone can just walk in and say "Hey, your neighbor said he would sell me this at this price, can you beat that?" Everything is done remotely, except for shipping, preparation and receiving. I do that personally and I receive from all over America and ship to all of Utah and many more locations of all my surrounding states.

I would love to do it for Cigar.Com... wink wink, nudge nudge
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Ccom rocks!
  • theadamtheadam Posts: 10
    Thanks, everyone, for the information.  I've been a customer of ccom for several years, but (obviously) don't contribute here.

I guess what originally made me curious is the CI matches mailed with my Ccom order.  More than once.... :)

I think I will keep my reasons to myself for no longer being a CI customer.  I have been 100% happy with Ccom, when there is a mistake or a problem it is quickly fixed.  As long as the two are separate, as it appears, I will continue to do business with ccom.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the last time we talked about this it was said that they share the same distributorship, but they are not the same or "sister" companies. During one of my orders, I asked Jeff J. directly and he told me they are not the same company. He has always be straight with me.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    The listed officers of both companies, at separate addresses, is: Officers Name: KEITH MEIER Title: President Name: JOHN DEMARCO Title: Vice President They are two separate companies under the same ownership.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaelaria:
    The listed officers of both companies, at separate addresses, is: Officers Name: KEITH MEIER Title: President Name: JOHN DEMARCO Title: Vice President They are two separate companies under the same ownership.
    Well, that settles it. I'm surprised nobody has looked into that yet.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Same Address......... Same wherehouse.......... but from what i have seen NOT the SAME company. CCOMso far has My Buisness and I dont see any reason to ry anything else. "If it Aint Broke Dont Fix It!" If your having trouble call in or email Tim Blythe he will hook you up. My last order I place in a personal email and Asked for it to be shipped USPS to California... it was here in 3 days....... the order before that I places on line in the checkout and it took 2 weeks UPS. Its a No Brainer for me! Thanks Tim! CCOM Rocks
  • jbahia1jbahia1 Posts: 1
    Unfortunately they are say Aren't but ship out of same ship center like good cop bad cop one company .com good international is rude bad customer service I just got fooled but they are only one who carry my cigar
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Not this again:)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    My thoughts exactly! :-/
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    My thoughts exactly! :-/
    +2
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    sightunseen:
    I think there was a thread recently clarifying that Ccom and CI are in fact, competitors. As Hawk noted, there may be some overlap in the wholesale/distribution aspect, everything else between Ccom and CI are like night and day. There have been numerous threads praising Ccom's customer service, who goes above and beyond what is expected from ANY company. And while I have noticed that CI's prices are a little bit lower than Ccom, I will gladly give Ccom my business based on the quality of their customer service.
    It is not out of the ordinary for 2 companies to be in fact owned by 1 larger company and compete against each other....a good example of this here in Canada is Best Buy, they bought a company called Future Shop, sell the exact same stuff...
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    sightunseen:
    It is not out of the ordinary for 2 companies to be in fact owned by 1 larger company and compete against each other....a good example of this here in Canada is Best Buy, they bought a company called Future Shop, sell the exact same stuff...
    //////other examples include: Peoples & Mappins (jewellery stores), LaSalle, Seiko, Pulsar, Lorus (watches) are in most cases the same case, movement, just the label on the dial is different, but unless you open them up, the consumer has little option to know...same here!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Cigar.com is separate... They may be close in proximity, but different in everything else...
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    The warehouse is shared with 7 other online cigar retailers IIRC. The businesses are not related though.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I wish someone from CCom could have clarified this question. I don't know why they don't. I believe they are same companies for many reasons. Their inventory about new items are identical. So far I had good experience with both and I will continue order from both. In fact, I just put a new order with CI. I wanted to buy Boveda humipack. CCom didn't offer 75% so I had no choice rather than order from CI. I don't care about couple $ here and there as long as the quality and service is there. I used to order from 6 different vendors but after having email relationship with Tim, mostly I order from CCom. I am a cigar collector/smoker so I try to taste varieties of cigars. Each vendor has strength and weaknesses. However, CCom, JRCigar, Bestpricecigars and FamousSmoke is so far the best. Does anyone has any experience with Thompson? They always charge me twice then after couple days the second charge drops. I asked them and they came up with a lame excuse. They have one of the best Padron collection. After meeting Jorge padron in his Esteli factory he also recommended Thompson because many vendor offers Padron but they are not direct buyers. Again, Thompson doesn't offer good price and customer service is really awful. They have good humidor selection with decent price line. I don't order from them anymore. Every year good cigars are coming to the market. However, the pricing is very tricky and too many hypes about cigasr. Every vendor prefer some cigar makers. One reason is relationship and better deal with certain companies. It is all personal and customer satisfaction. So far I am ok with CCom and CI. No bad experience yet.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well you are very new here, but Alex, the chief merchant for ccom has clarified this many times in the past. It has been brought up over and over and they probably tired of answering it over and over. Do a search or two on the forums and I'm sure you will find the response from Alex Svenson.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Thanks PuroFreak for the information. I am really glad for the information.