Home General Discussion

Craigslist Finds

MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
Found these on Scranton, PA CL. $150 sounds like a good deal if the sticks were maintained...

https://scranton.craigslist.org/clt/d/humidor-box-variety-of-cigars/6212764671.html
“Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ $150 I would pass. 
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough. I wasn't planning on buying it personally, but thought we could use a thread on stuff like this...something to talk about anyway :p
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Gotcha.

I do check weekly. You never know. There are some towers that pop up time to time.
    That locker would be awesome in a home parlor.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/fuo/d/cigar-humidor-end-table-or/6256028085.html

This one is by me. I wonder if it is spanish cedar lined
    Definitely has cedar lining. Looks like that whole tray lifts out of there to reveal a deeper compartment.
    Markwell said:
    Definitely has cedar lining. Looks like that whole tray lifts out of there to reveal a deeper compartment.
    The guy just messaged me back saying it is eastern red cedar tounge in groove planks. For the right price, it might be a nice little gem.
    I wonder if I use cigar boxes as trays, would it be a big deal?
    MikeTodd said:
    I wonder if I use cigar boxes as trays, would it be a big deal?
    Definitely no problem with using cigar boxes in lieu of trays.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    MikeTodd said:
    Markwell said:
    The guy just messaged me back saying it is eastern red cedar tounge in groove planks. For the right price, it might be a nice little gem.
    Aromatic cedar, definitely don't want to use it for cigars.

But it's nice enough, that you could remove the Eastern red cedar and replace it with spanish cedar.
    As soon as I saw the pictures I knew the cedar.  ^^^^^^ what he said, don't use as is for cigar storage.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    Found these on Scranton, PA CL. $150 sounds like a good deal if the sticks were maintained...

https://scranton.craigslist.org/clt/d/humidor-box-variety-of-cigars/6212764671.html

One look at that humidor, then ask yourself: were these cigars maintained?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

@Albinfk remarked about a B&M on wheels, so here's the real McCoy. All of this could be your's boy!

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/d/mobile-outdoor-cigar-lounge/6254962641.html

Albinfk said:
    That's exactly what came to my house on the Jim's pass.
    Cheaper than the shipping.  :D
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Markwell said:

$150 for all of that? Jump on it, that's a steal!!! That one Gurkha alone retails for $450...
    I'm pretty tight at the moment but if you want it lemme know!
  • Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    great thread idea!
    Originally from Chicago

I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not craigslist, but I'm seriously considering it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arturo-Fuente-Gran-Reserva-Cigar-Sign-/172811578679

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    edited August 2017
    There was a really awesome porcelain Opus X sign on there a week ago, Tony. I think it went for $395.
    I'll take the top one, please  B)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Markwell said:
    There was a really awesome porcelain Opus X sign on there a week ago, Tony. I think it went for $395.
    Now you are really trying to get me in trouble.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    I already got the death stare when the Tampa boxes showed up...time to pass the buck lol.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I wonder what all he has in there.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/clt/d/cigar-humidor-collection/6263719047.html

Don't look @Sketch6995, its not very orderly
    A little dirt never hurt
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I'm very skeptical about those pictures.  There is a sticker in one picture but not another, there is a hygrometer in one but not others, there is a bunch of loose sticks in one, but not another, the liga box on the bottom changes from 9s to t52, the boxes at the top change, and no sign of any humidifing devices.  There are more discrepancies than those above, but got lazy.  Not sure this is real.  Or pictures were taken over a long duration.  I would ask a ton of questions.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.