Home General Discussion

New Boy Here....

ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well not really a boy ( 54 ) but still a boy at heart. A couple of months ago while enjoying a Bourbon out in the shop late on a Sun afternoon, I was thinking there was something missing......A Cigar.
So Mon morning off I go online...How hard would this be, picking out one? After about ten minutes I knew the answer...Not that easy!!!
So I ordered a sampler pack to get an idea where my taste might lay. Pretty quickly I found out I like med/full. Then I made my next order accordingly to fill my small humidor. 
I now see ( And taste ) I've made the right decision for my Sunday afternoons.

Comments

• Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then Saturdays then Friday evenings then .........
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your bourbon pairing success and welcome to the party. But, you make me a little uncomfortable.  New guys always need help, advice and recommendations. You got no newbie troubles. That's so strange. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Congratulations on your bourbon pairing success and welcome to the party. But, you make me a little uncomfortable.  New guys always need help, advice and recommendations. You got no newbie troubles. That's so strange. 
    But we are still waiting for a newb to make their first post with an actual username...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    But we are still waiting for a newb to make their first post with an actual username...
    I know I'm not the smartest brick on the pallet, but I thought I did....Not sure why it's not coming up.

Bob_Luken said:
    I look at it this way...How could I make a mistake picking a cigar...Everything new to me and it will be awhile before I figure out what I have a taste for.
    It guess for me it's going to a lot like beer...They all have different tastes and I enjoy each one for what they are.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard 
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bob_Luken said:
    I look at it this way...How could I make a mistake picking a cigar...Everything new to me and it will be awhile before I figure out what I have a taste for.
    It guess for me it's going to a lot like beer...They all have different tastes and I enjoy each one for what they are.

"Everything new to me and it will be awhile before I figure out what I have a taste for." 
    Same here.  I like this mysterious guy.  B)  Welcome aboard. 
    Alright this username thing got me stumped.....I see where it says I can change it, when I go there it says my username ( It's ForMud by the way ) but it keeps showing up as Cigar-00000.
    Also I can't get the "search" feature to work to look and see if there's anything on this. 
    edited February 2018

Bob_Luken said:

That's true. I'm not making a joke at your expense. I only joked about it because it seems typical that most other newbies first posts are always asking for some sort of help. Sometimes they get frustrated with their new humidor or whatever. You seem very at ease compared to most. Again, welcome. Glad you're here.  
    The screen name problem is a recent situation that's come about only in the past few weeks. I'm just guessing but It may take an admin's approval. The other new guys that have had this problem seem to get their screen names updated after a few days. 
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted a welcome comment and it’s waiting for approval... Lol admin help !

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

Bob_Luken said:

That's true. I'm not making a joke at your expense. I only joked about it because it seems typical that most other newbies first posts are always asking for some sort of help. Sometimes they get frustrated with their new humidor or whatever. You seem very at ease compared to most. Again, welcome. Glad you're here.  

I was just thinking...I do have a problem.....Not having enough time during the week to sit down and have a good smoke. I'm up at 4:00am and don't get home till 6:00 -  7:00pm during the week, so my waking time at home is very limited. So the hour plus it takes me to enjoy one is limited to the weekends.

Bob_Luken said:
    The screen name problem is a recent situation that's come about only in the past few weeks. I'm just guessing but It may take an admin's approval. The other new guys that have had this problem seem to get their screen names updated after a few days. 
    Now that makes sense...I just figured I hit the old F13 key by mistake again.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Cigar-20069599. Nice to see a new Delaware guy on here. I used to work for the railroad that runs through Massey and Millington just across the state line. Passed through your town daily. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard new guy with a handle in limbo.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • LoneSmokerLoneSmoker Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Welcome 20069599!!! This is a great bunch of guys here. Totally harmless!!  o:)
    LoneSmoker

With just a single cigar, we can escape from the cares of the world. - Richard Carleton Hacker
  • jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Hello Clayton! I am the handsome,intelligent, one here so allow me to greet you properly. 50s is a great age to begin smoking! It shows a lot of thought and common sense. I am collecting money for "Cigars for the Homeless" and am sure you will make a generous donation,correct? Just kidding! Welcome and don't fret about the user name. You can't change it until you have been here a while. At least that was my experience. John
    Markwell said:
    Cigar-20069599. Nice to see a new Delaware guy on here. I used to work for the railroad that runs through Massey and Millington just across the state line. Passed through your town daily. 
    Yes the tracks right up the road from Massey International Airport. :)
    They still have a locomotive sitting there, freshly painted a couple of years ago.
    Kinda sad in a way with most of the smaller line disappearing. 

I feel like that's my Borg designation number...To early for a Star Trek reference?
    I get nervous around "Totally harmless" people. 

jw517 said:
    Hello Clayton! I am the handsome,intelligent, one here so allow me to greet you properly. 50s is a great age to begin smoking! It shows a lot of thought and common sense. I am collecting money for "Cigars for the Homeless" and am sure you will make a generous donation,correct? Just kidding! Welcome and don't fret about the user name. You can't change it until you have been here a while. At least that was my experience. John
    I agree with the thought part....Now the common sense part, something lacking.
    If I don't figure a way to hide my future cigar bills, I'll be one of the homeless you're talking about. ;)
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like that's my Borg designation number...To early for a Star Trek reference?
    I get nervous around "Totally harmless" people. 
    Resistance is futile...

jw517 said:
    I agree with the thought part....Now the common sense part, something lacking.
    If I don't figure a way to hide my future cigar bills, I'll be one of the homeless you're talking about. ;)
    If you order all your cigars from here,they show up on PayPal as "Business Supplies". Wink,wink.
    Steady as she goes Mr. Sulu. Damn it Jim, I'm I Doctor!
    Actually my wife really doesn't mind that much (Yet) Compared to some of my interests, I would consider this somewhat cheap.   

I guess that's one of the pluses of only being able to smoke a couple per week....It will keep the costs down.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually my wife really doesn't mind that much (Yet) Compared to some of my interests, I would consider this somewhat cheap.   

I guess that's one of the pluses of only being able to smoke a couple per week....It will keep the costs down.
    Famous last words.   :D
     You will have a full cooler by next year 
    I known, I known.....Just trying out my talking points to myself.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. Read up any question you could possibly have is answered here somewhere.