Home General Discussion

Fake or Real?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
My brother-in-law gave me these tonight. He got them on a trip to Mexico. I smiled and thanked him profusely, of course, but I'm thinkin'... Mexico? So what do the experts say? 

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puffmeister .... you troll you

I like you

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No troll... this is legit, bro. I wouldn't know a real Cuban if it bit me. 
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
    Sorry brosalamander 
    these are faker than the review I just posted
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the habanos stamp DZR?  
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's it say on the hologram sticker?  What words, exactly?
    kswildcat said:
    Everything
    The most obvious is the glass top box
  • kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kswildcat said:
    Everything
    The most obvious is the glass top box
    Thanks.. I was hoping they good for Puffy but I thought the stamp on the back looked funky, but I wouldn't know.
    jlmarta said:
    It says Su Garantia Aqui and also Habanos Unicos Desde 1492
    Sucks that my bro-in-law got ripped off trying to buy me a nice birthday gift. Think I'll probably just pretend they're the real deal and tell him they were awesome.  :#
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that is why you should be president @Puff_Dougie. Always thinking of other people first. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass top and bundles are no-no in the cc world
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Just went to the official Habanos s.a. web site. They have an authenticity check where you can input the numbers from the bar code. No match. This makes me sad.
    Think I'll probably just pretend they're the real deal and tell him they were awesome.  :#
    Scratch that plan. Just opened the box and the wrappers are dry as dust and coming unglued. Can't even pretend to smoke them.

Now, where did I put @danielzreyes addy?
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think I'll probably just pretend they're the real deal and tell him they were awesome.  :#
    Scratch that plan. Just opened the box and the wrappers are dry as dust and coming unglued. Can't even pretend to smoke them.

Now, where did I put @danielzreyes addy?
    Get a fresh blade in that exacto @danielzreyes
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    jlmarta said:
    Aqui means 'here'. It should say 'Cuba'. That Aqui crap is what was on the box if fake Cohibas I was given. 
    jlmarta said:
    jlmarta said:
    Aqui means 'here'. It should say 'Cuba'. That Aqui crap is what was on the box if fake Cohibas I was given. 
    Pretty sure the accurate translation is, "Hey! I got your guarantee right here!"
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can always run the box code if it is not scratched or whited out like some do so the vendor cannot be easily found if confiscated at customs. Usually only happens on US shipments. 

http://www.habanos.com/en/verificacion-de-autenticidad/?age-verified=f9731b9065

Glass top dead give away.
    Habanos sticker should be in the upper right corner.
    Seal should have a hologram image on it and be in lower left corner.

Packaging
     http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/info-packaging.aspx#Habanos_Packing_Codes

Fakes for should as others stated
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Aqui should be in the hologram from late 2010 on.

Current Warranty Seal - circa late-2010 on

Cuban tobacco warranty seal circa late-2010In circa late-2010 Habanos SA modified the new hologram seal by bevelling-off the rounded corners, making the seal some 2mm wider, and deleting the white boarder adjoining the hologram.

Like previous seals, it is likely that post-dated boxes with the older style seal will be found.  Overlapping of seal types is common while the old seals are used up.
    Cuban tobacco warranty seal circa late-2010Starting in late 2011, the seal was revised to feature a micro-printed serial number at various locations on the design.

Pre-mid 2013

Post-mid 2013
    In mid-2013, there was a change made to the seal holograms. The basic design remains the same, however, on the old style the "Habanos" appears blurred when looked at straight on, while the Aqui logo is fairly clear. On the new style holograms, the "Habanos" text is clear, while the Aqui logo appears blurred.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

Look at your bands also. Not a great pic but those bands are a dead give away as well. They are not crisp or aligned properly and they don't seem to be embossed. That band was discontinued in 2008 as well. 

Surprised they actually faked a RYJ. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• djoyner001djoyner001 Posts: 1
    edited September 2018
    NEED YOUR EXPERT HELP PLEASE  - what are your thoughts ... real or fake Cohiba Siglo IV
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEED YOUR EXPERT HELP PLEASE  - what are your thoughts ... real or fake Cohiba Siglo IV 

Hmm, dunno.
    They left the safety scissors out again, didn't they?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who cares?
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's real alright................A real picture of the aftermath of a Gurkha explosion that I lost my nose tant on. 
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the exacto knife strikes again. I’m going with real 😂
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Now, put it all back together and light up......   :#
  • BlueB3BlueB3 Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

Did this for another group, but it's a teardown video of one of the Faux-Hibas I brought back from Cuba.

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all boobs are real, unicorns are fake
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know what they say...if you have to ask...
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."