Home General Discussion

U Suck Postal Slobs

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
So sick of these a$$holes not delivering mail and saying they do.
Ordered cigars. They went UPS, then UPS handed off to the Post office.
Post office tracking says delivered.
Only problem is, I don't know where it was delivered to, cause it wasn't to me.
So now, I'm out the money, cause UPS shows it delivered, USPS shows it delivered and I got nuthin.

Tried calling USPS, on hold for over an hour.
Tried emailing USPS. I'm sorry, but our email system is currently not working.

WTF??

In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is from today, they will probably show tomorrow.  The carrier in my mothers neighborhood does that.  They will scan it delivered then leave it in their truck until the next day when they have more packages, then actually deliver it.  Happens all the time to her, especially when its cold.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep mine too
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is from today, they will probably show tomorrow.  The carrier in my mothers neighborhood does that.  They will scan it delivered then leave it in their truck until the next day when they have more packages, then actually deliver it.  Happens all the time to her, especially when its cold.
    I hope so, but I am losing any faith in this post office.
    At least once a week, we get mail for other people and have to take it to the post office, so it can get re-delivered.
    And when you ask them if they ever get tired of doing the job twice, they just give you that stupid look, like they have no idea what you are talking about.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When UPS hands it off to USPS they'll mark it delivered because in their mind they did deliver it. 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess I am lucky. When my coffee comes from Peter, Laurie lets me know before handing me the bag 'your coffee smells great'. Small town post offices (and polling stations during elections--no lines) are great, good people, know everybody (perhaps too well). Sorry it's different for you 0patience, luck of the draw I guess.
    I just get tired of the battle you have to go thru to try and get it resolved.

Hi, my package wasn't delivered.
    It shows it was delivered.
    I know, but it wasn't delivered.
    It shows it was delivered.
    It wasn't in the parcel locker.
    It shows it was delivered to the parcel locker.
    I know, but there was no key in my mailbox, so it may have, but I didn't get it.
    Well, it was delivered then.

OMFG!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Think of it like this - the USPS is just another bureaucracy. All they give a sheeyit about is their paycheck which comes out of your pocket and mine. It’s the typical bureaucrat mentality.  B)
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience sorry to hear you are running out of sticks because none have been delivered... Pesronally I hate the UPS sure post as there always seems to be issues with delivery times I feel like it’s easier for them to blame each other 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And when the cigars arrive tomorrow, then you'll see how much time and energy was wasted today.   >:)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • TruDogTruDog Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Op, all you do is ****.  Maybe smoke a Cigar.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll your own.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I haven't that problem yet. But it take anywhere from 2 - 4 days longer to get anything.
    I do slip my everyday carrier a 20 dollar bill and a card at Christmas. She's a good person and we do talk when ever I'm around at delivery time. Plus if it's something that won't fit into the mail box and it's raining/snowing and no ones home, she will put it the cab of one of my trucks in the driveway.
    If weekend carrier sees my shop door open, he'll pull in to bs and give the dogs treats. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do drivers get paid for a full shift if they complete their route early? The people who walk a route get paid for 8 even if they finish in 4, and if they are called in they get paid overtime.
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a PO Box... then it's all in house.  
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had the postal service scan and leave in truck several times.  Always comes the next day.  UPS has actually delivered it to my neighbors house.  "On porch at back door"....No, it's not.  

As far as receiving other peoples mail, I used to take it to the Post Office, now I just circle the address with a red felt tip and put it back in the box.  Seems to work. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they ever arrive? 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We actually had hostility from our postman this week as well. The storm door is on its last leg and the handle fell off on Monday. It will stay on but if you pull it wrong all bets are off. So Wednesday rolls around and an angry knock sounds at the front door. It's our friendly postman. He holds up the handle and says "THIS HAS TO BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY". I'm like, ease up dude...it WILL get fixed as soon as you deliver the replacement part  :D

Now I see why they call it "going postal."
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to take special care when considering the Post Office employees these days. I, too have had problems, and I shared many feelings others have until I learned the "why", or at least a large portion of it. You see, it's not just UPS who have contracts with the USPS, it's also the mega-giant AMAZON. You can search YouTube for videos for more, and there's one user who would upload his affairs with being an employee of the USPS up until the moment he quit.

It turns out that there are so many packages being dumped off onto the USPS daily, that there's just too few workers delivering and not enough hours in the day to complete many routes. In the smaller, more rural areas it's probably manageable, but in larger metro areas, it's literally a nightmare of epic proportions. Essentially, it's like this: The USPS is under contract to deliver the packages first, then the regular mail comes second. In smaller areas such as mine, our local Post Office can assign a worker to run around in a designated truck to deliver packages, thus freeing up the other route delivery workers to concentrate on mail. But, in larger zones, most workers are contributing 12 hour days (or more) to not only do their own routes, but other worker's routes as well with no time off -at all. For the first 9 months on the job, forget about it, zero time off, and weekends are huge package delivery days (yes, Sat and Sun). I've gone through so many carriers where I live, I can't even recognize them any more because so many end up quitting or getting fired for losing their temper out of pure rage.

Some say the USPS did better when it was privatized, but once it returned to being "Federal", results must come before anything else. They can fire at will, and the Union reps side with managers, not the workers. Increasing demands made on the route foot workers means they are often tired and have no family life. Amazon "next day" and "two day" delivery really does take its toll on the USPS, with internet sales continually on the rise and Wal-Mart competing in the process, all on top of the Fedex/UPS contracts in the mix.

It's like a water jet, in a sense. You take an ordinary garden hose and affix a nozzle at the end to concentrate water to come out in a small, more powerful stream. Only with this scenario, the amount of water in constantly increased, but only the same volume can escape the nozzle at one time, so the pressure builds up constantly. Something has to give, eventually, and the USPS has a rather weak "nozzle".
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    And in case you are wondering why packages are scanned as being delivered when they're not, it's because the USPS must always complete every contract or they face penalties and could lose the contract for an area, most likely the local manager would face scrutiny and to save face, they scan them as delivered when they may not be. Packages are still delivered later, or at least as far as I am aware, but there is a level of concern which remains when we look at the front porch and there's no package when tracking says that's where it is.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are on a first name basis with ALL of the folks that deliver here. We even hand out zip locks bags full of dog treats to them for here and elsewhere. We are at the end of their route and the roads, very twisty and hilly, are never cleared of snow or ice. I have no objection whatsoever if they put delivery's off for a day. There is no delivery worth an accident. 
    edited November 2018
    BKDog said:
    And in case you are wondering why packages are scanned as being delivered when they're not, it's because the USPS must always complete every contract or they face penalties and could lose the contract for an area, most likely the local manager would face scrutiny and to save face, they scan them as delivered when they may not be. Packages are still delivered later, or at least as far as I am aware, but there is a level of concern which remains when we look at the front porch and there's no package when tracking says that's where it is.
    So I do have to ask,  did you "learn" all that by becoming an employee for USPS? Because I will respectfully disagree with just about everything you said in both post.  I live in a major market and happen to know quite a few that work for said shipper and your above mentioned is a direct contradiction to the truth that I know. Granted this may be the case in your area I cannot discredit that, but it's not the case globally. Bottom line it boils down to individual/bad habits... sounds like a chitty carrier maybe even office at that.
    Trish said:
    I wish we could do that.
    We live in a town of 6,000. The post office has about 1000 PO boxes.
    So the math just isn't there.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    Trish said:
    I wish we could do that.
    We live in a town of 6,000. The post office has about 1000 PO boxes.
    So the math just isn't there.
    That's a bummer...I have heard a nice bottle of beverage around the holidays helps get special treatment. I use a PO so they get nothing from me!!! HAHAHA 
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fed Ex-- one of my employees just came back from lunch with a hard drive film addressed to the local cinema that he found in the middle of the road along with a crushed box of fruit from Harry and Davids addressed to one of his neighbors. He's taking care of the fruit and I dropped the hard drive off at the cinema. So, it is not just USPS....
    Trish said:
    BKDog said:
    So I do have to ask,  did you "learn" all that by becoming an employee for USPS? Because I will respectfully disagree with just about everything you said in both post.  I live in a major market and happen to know quite a few that work for said shipper and your above mentioned is a direct contradiction to the truth that I know. Granted this may be the case in your area I cannot discredit that, but it's not the case globally. Bottom line it boils down to individual/bad habits... sounds like a chitty carrier maybe even office at that.

Nope. I've never worked for the USPS, and have only observed and witnessed. It's nice that your area is doing well.
    Well, supposedly, it was delivered on the 10th.
    But since we've never received a key to the parcel box in the last 2 weeks, someone may have it, just not me.
    Left a note for the mail person to call me about it and no call. 
    Tried calling the USPS number, sat on hold for an hour and momma took the phone away, cause I was gonna throw it against the wall.
    Tried their email form on the website and their "email server is down".
    Stopped at the post office, but the post master wasn't "in", so I have to go back when they are in. 
    Ok, which days are those.
    Maybe Thursday.
    Uhm, Thursday is a holiday?
    Oh, well then, probably the week after.
    So what do I do in the mean time?
    You could contact USPS on their website.
    Right, cause that works so well.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: