Home Non Cigar Related

Toxic Masculinity

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure many will hate me for this, but I think that's hilarious.  Guess that makes me a victim of my generation.  Where's my check? :D
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a Midol would help?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are selling pink **** hats half off for "men" at the women's march.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is this political correctness going to stop.I'm sorry if I come across as a old stuffed shirt,but aren't there more important things to worry about in this country as opposed to painting the Walt Whitman Bridge in 🌈rainbow colors. When is enough enough? Tony @ 0patience is absolutely right,there is no respect for anything or anyone, just as long as they get there way. What a sad world we have created anymore.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good video 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said.....

*I still can't believe an adult cigar site has so many words censored.*
    I think maybe it’s because it was programmed by Quakers or ?

I wanna see 2B Bob lifting weights and drinkin a brew..
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BKDog said:
    Ever watch the movie "Vanilla Sky"? Well, it's a terrible journey but I found it jto have some worthy moments. One quote from the movie is, "What's the answer to 99 out of 100 questions? Money."

People are commodities in this corporate age. Your shopping and spending habits are tracked, your movement is monitored, your communications, friends and social media all collected and added to databases. Corporations work very hard to sell you what they market, and your position in society comes into play at many levels. On a political and social level, your vote (and more importantly) your outward support is crucial to maintaining public policy, both in practice as well as perceived legitimacy. We have a two party political system in America, and some may say it is a false paradigm (which I agree with), but they are also the only two parties to ever gain popularity, too. The right will push their agendas to promote corporate interests who hold them accountable, and the left will do the same. One agenda for the left has been the women's rights movement and it spurned many millions of voters (19th Amendment) -good or bad (I like to believe it's good because I am old fashioned and admire women, not fake feminist propaganda). Now, if you're still with me, the left will also use minorities to gain legitimacy for their platform, and the entire country knows full well given what's happening right now at the border how that happens. The same rule applies to gender identity and classification, which is yet another doorway to take advantage of. They are always seeking to gain your trust and support to prop up their version of reality, their agendas, their goals. Both parties will often wage war in the open and behind closed doors, making deals and threats. There are thousands of lobbyists in Washington, from the biggest pharmaceutical corporations to tobacco and oil, you name it --they all have their agendas. And we're caught in the middle, between the corporations and this...government.

We were once one people (at least I like to think this even with women not having voting rights in the past and slavery long ago), and we were all *pretty much* on the same side until corporations get involved. Money. The Civil War was not about slavery, it was about State's Rights and you guessed it --money. Not too many people know about the European interests in the Civil War and the Greenback and how it was the only debt free currency we've ever had, despite it being debased due to massive counterfeiting operations and rampant spending.

If you take one thing away from this long winded diatribe of mine, just know that greed is killing the USA. It can be the greed of multinational corporations or the greed of their lobbyists or Congress Critters themselves with their insane power. It can also be the greed of every Citizen who chooses to believe they are second class for any reason and demands that government provide them with "rights", which is moronic since government can only grant a privilege and the Citizens already have inalienable rights, which are equal and if society isn't fair, it's a sufferable burden compared to tyranny.

We once had corporate charter and corporations were strictly limited to operating for a short time before they had to be dissolved. We once had a Constitution without certain "Amendments" being suddenly claimed to be in force (14th Amendment) and without properly being ratified. Now, corporations rule us all and money is created out of thin air. We live in the corporate age, not the space age or the post-industrial age or the information age.

And so, little miss sunshine in that video can walk into a store and demand to NOT be offended, despite that "silly piece of paper" some of us have sworn to defend from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Because, greed. Because, money. Because, ignorance on all our part.

Did you cut and paste this bro or is this how you really feel? Pretty deep
    A little dirt never hurt

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Did you cut and paste this bro or is this how you really feel? Pretty deep
    I typed it. I use a computer, so it was pretty easy. I was actually holding back, too.
    Try getting me on the subject of internet censorship, social media, and the "smart phone" craze some time. Not pretty. :'(
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many proposals has manson had?
  • BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's got the right idea:

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
    BKDog said:
    He's got the right idea:

That is one of the greatest smiles I have ever seen.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but "way more better"?