Home Non Cigar Related

Quote Of The Day

peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty much self-explanitory... just some place to compile quotes from whomever that find meaningful or relevant.
"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Comments

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” ~MARCUS AURELIUS
  • Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. ”    Will Rogers
    I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image may contain flower text and nature

the Malthusian in me balks at this sentiment. I am, however, always hopeful.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    For years, I had this first quote taped to my computer monitor at work

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."   -- Mark Twain 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  --Some old guy
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four. - Yogi Bera

I am 30 seconds away, I will see you in 1 and a half to 2 minutes - Paul McGahey 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forest Gump or me watching 2 morons in the shop. 
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as true strength." - Ralph W. Sockman

Always stuck with me. 
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:

Yeah? You wanna see starvation?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

"A dozen quotes on the first day of the "quote of the day" thread? I like that. It makes me laugh." - Bob L.

Image result for Ha Ha
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter where you go.......there you are.     Anonymous 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illegitimus non carborundum..... 😏
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.
  • Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are here to help! The 5 worst words you could here from a politician. Ronald Reagan.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GFY  @Oyam123
    A little dirt never hurt
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some days you're the bird.  Some days you're the statue.

-me

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

We're not happy till you're not happy.    Unofficial FAA motto
    Hindsight is a terrible thing. Me!!!!!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Some people aren't successful because when opportunity knocks they complain about noise.” ~UNKNOWN
    "I drank what????.."  Socrates
    Never go to the grocery store after smoking a bit. Author Unknown.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A wet bird never flies at night.  Fuckawee Indian Chief
    "Public affairs go on pretty much as usual: perpetual chicanery and rather more personal abuse than there used to be." —John Adams (1826)
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Don't confront me with my failures. I've not forgotten them.
    Jackson Browne
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself.  That, in its essence, is fascism."  --  FD Roosevelt's message to congress, 1938.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself.  That, in its essence, is fascism."  --  FD Roosevelt's message to congress, 1938.
    A clever redefinition of fascism from an ardent admirer of Mussolini.