Home General Discussion

Whats your cigar budget?

Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know it’s different for single S/BOTL than married ones, but what’s your cigar budget like?
if I look at my average for the year it’s about $50 a month. But it comes in $200 spurts like when I travel or do a box split with a friend. I have a little cigar slush fund from odds and end I can save here and there. Wife is cool with about $200 a year, but I need to hustle the rest to avoid the stink eye. What’s your story?
Tagged:

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends if I have the extra cash and what’s available (annual release or limited run)
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My monthly income minus 2200 dollars. But it doesn't all go to smokes. It just gets put into whatever section of my revolving door of hobbies happens to be open at the time
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your point, I’m only smoking about 3 a week, so average price per cigar is $7.

• skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    No real budget here.  Smoke about 5 a week in good weather, over the winters here I rarely smoke so my annual usage is likely 130-150 ish or so.  So, I'm certainly buying more than I smoke for now.  That'll change when I move to FL in a few years.....
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No actual budget I just purchase wisely some months I spend more others less. If I smoke 3 in a week it is a good week. 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two a week for me if I am lucky. In the process of converting part of my wrap around porch into a three season room so it may go up when I am done. No budget. I am pretty good until one of you knuckle heads point out a good deal. 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Math isn't my strong suit....Nether is budgeting.

I'm down to 5 - 6 a week since starting to smoking a pipe.... Which will give me about 3-1/2 to 4 years of smoking time. I have no idea how many I buy a year.....And I don't want to know.
    So to answer your question.......I don't know. 
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Are we talking B&M prices or bulk prices?  I usually buy a few per month at the B&Ms, unless I go on a bit of a spree.  Usually buy online, 15+ cigars, now and then.  Down to smoking 3 or so per week.  As long as the humidor doesn't run empty I'm good.  Hasn't happened yet.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boss lady puts $100 on my card every month solely for cigars.
    Some months, I don't use much of it and can roll it over to the next month.
    Other months, I exceed that $100.
    This month, I exceeded $200 by quite a bit. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some months I don't buy any...

The other 11 months of the year I just buy whatever. No real budget. Just depends on how much my jeep wants to fvck me over that pay period. 
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Budget? What is this budget you speak of?
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m like @Captain_Call where I have a section called “finer things in life” that cigars fall into. Some months it’s most of that and others it’s not. 
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    Budget? What is this budget you speak of?
    It's a very bad word. I try my best not to use such poor Fvcking language. 
  • josen_1981josen_1981 Posts: 6
    My wife buys my Cubans for me since we made a deal where I cook and she buys my cigars for me. But I do buy some that I like to smoke on when I look for new Cigers to try but I try to keep it low budget since we have a big family.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A wife that plays along will get along.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Bat-mastersonBat-masterson Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    I smoke 2 boxes of diesels a week.
    Try and get them on deals, but since it's the only one I smoke not always possible.  I have to be pushing 8 to 10k a year.  But then kids are out of the house everything is pretty much paid off and wife pulls in 400k a year, I bring in a quarter of that delivering pepperidge farm cookies 3 days a week and always smoking a stick while working.