Home Non Cigar Related

SARDINES

StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in Non Cigar Related
How do you like them?  What is your favorite brand, favorite style?  

If you don't like them....do your parents know you're a communist?
Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On crackers, whatever is on sale.  My Wife and youngest daughter love 'em.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoked for the bigger ones and pan fried for the smaller ones. Not sure why people don't eat more of these. They b good.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King Oscar wild caught sardines  Mediterranean style in olive oil, red bell peppers, garlic and black olives. Best sardines I have found.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King Oscar, the tiny ones, in olive oil, on saltines, with mustard, and a pickle on th side. I ate these cans by the hunnerds when I was a sailor. Best sailing rations ever. And the empty cans make decent chum, too.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer mustard or hot sauce with the canned fish products, but just about any will do me fine. Herring, kipper snacks, salmon, sardines -expired or not, I eat it.
    And that picture is after my downsizing a few years back when I decided to cut down on my canned goods I keep stored. I ate Spam for about 3 months almost daily...sad to say I only keep less than 2 dozen cans of Bacon Spam now. It's still a favorite I have occasionally. Stuff will keep forever.

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    canned in olive oil on steamed rice is my jam!

down to my last one. 

"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And frozen they’re great bait for striped bass....  👴🏻
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beach Cliff brand sardines in oil, hot sauce, crackers, Colby cheese, and ice cold Old Style. The typical lunch with my father when we worked together in the asphalt paving business. 
    He also taught me how to get Vienna sausages out of the can without squashing em.  <3
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    My wife loves sardines, so I showed her the thread, today. Later while in the store she went over to the sardines. So I ask my Blonde wife who is typically brilliant, but does have her Blonde moments, so I asked, what are you doing we have sardines, she said I know, but I want to get some fresh ones.  At that point I reminded my wife that she is blonde. See she bought some fresh ons lol.  
    Post edited by TNBigfoot68 on
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a fresh batch too!!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Usaf06 said:
    I like em best when you take them and throw em in the trash
    ^^^ yep. Gonna go with that.
    A lot of Oregon and Washington people like Smelt. Not a fan of tiny fish.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Never had 'em. Always thought I'd hate 'em. Read this thread. Watched some "Trying Sardines for the First Time" YouTube videos. Almost all of the doubters in the videos, who thought they'd hate 'em, said the same thing, "not bad". So I bought two tins. One packed in water, one in Louisiana hot sauce. Who knows how many years they'll sit in the cabinet, but I'll keep ya' posted. 
    So after they sit on the shelf for a while @Bob_Luken, you do like the wife did, and go get you some "fresh" ones. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sardines and football, lunchtime. King Oscars, Grey Poupon, garlic pickles, saltines.

Dines and tines... way to go.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sardine sandwich, lettuce, a little mayo. Maybe once a year.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got me thinking about sardine dip.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
     IIRC, the good thing about sardines as compared to smelt is that sardines are at least gutted before they’re canned. Smelt are eaten whole. 

But that’s okay - I believe anchovies are also eaten whole and they’re extremely good. 

Deep fried smelt on white rice! ..... that's my jam!

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Appatiser with a Tanqueray and tonic. Paired nicely. 

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last 4.